What's new

Subwoofer placement (1 Viewer)

MarkUnit

Auditioning
Real Name
Carlos
I am gonna purchase four kw-120 thx subwoofers, should they all be placed together or in each corner of the room? With will give me the best thump?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Depends entirely on your room, the acoustics and your seating position. I like my subs to be in front but that's me and that's also where I get the best response at my seat.

I looked up those subs and the retail is $1,400. Are you getting a deal? Are they the only subs available in your country?

MarkUnit

Auditioning
Real Name
Carlos
Well I am turning my garage into a dedicated home theater(single car), not sure on the dimensions. Guess you can get an idea of the size, but as far as the pricing that is the only price I can find. Even used ones on ebay are almost the same.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Are you going to run all four from a single amp, 2 amps or 4 amps?I'm not familiar enough with that set up to know. Although it appears Klipsch recommends 1 amp to drive 2, which means there is no reason 1 amp can't drive all 4.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
MarkUnit said:
Well I am turning my garage into a dedicated home theater(single car), not sure on the dimensions. Guess you can get an idea of the size, but as far as the pricing that is the only price I can find. Even used ones on ebay are almost the same.
If you are already building stuff, why not build some subs? For the price of one of those Klipsch subs, you could build a pair of subs that would outperform the 4 you are looking at.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks