What's new

Subwoofer connection (1 Viewer)

Christenskg

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
Hi, I have an old insignia receiver. I have a Sony saw-2500 sub hooked up by a subwoofer cable to the receiver. I get nice bass from the sub when I watch Blu-ray, or Netflix (through a roku). I get no bass (I have it set to energy saving mode and it doesn't turn on) when listening to my turntable (connected to my receiver with rca cables), my zune through the hdmi dock, Pandora, or a cd played through my Blu-ray. I guess what I want to know is there a way to get bass from the music I listen to? The sub has speaker pass through, should I be hooking that up as well?Is there a better way to connect things? Do I need to upgrade? Thanks, Kevin

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Different factors can apply here. When listening in stereo, you can have "direct" which will bypass bass management settings and play ONLY stereo. If you set it to "stereo" decoding however, it will usually apply bass management and allow the use of the sub.

In terms of connection, RCA from the receiver's sub preamp out to the sub, which is what it sounds like you have. No connections from the sub to the speakers; they should be connected to the receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks