What's new

Subwoofer connection length (1 Viewer)

Michael_UK

Stunt Coordinator
I am currently using one side of 10 meter RCA cable between my Denon 1802 sub out and the subwoofer in on my plate amp.

This cable is just like the type you would use to connect a CD player to an amplifer.

Is this 10 meter cable ok for my subwoofer connection?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I have a 40ft cable running to my second sub (which is F-type coaxial with RCA adaptors) and that is fine.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
(Sorry Wayne, I just have to jump in on this one :) )
There should be almost no loss for a 10 ft cable.
The coax manufacturers roll out 100 feet of coax and brag about how little reduction there is from one end to the other. And they dont even start with frequency below about 50,000 hz. Subwoofer frequencies below 120 hz is a trivial challenge.
And Wayne is correct that if there was any loss, you would just compensate by turning up the volume/gain on the sub a bit.

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
I too am wondering about the potential loss of running a long coax connection to the subwoofer. I recently purchased the VTF-3 and due to "domestic requirements" have to run a cable from the receiver up into the attic and back down again to the sub..where it hides behind a big chair.The length of this run is exactly 80 feet. I have been told to use RG-6 quad shielded cable and terminate the ends with RCA type adapters. How do you all think this will work? HELP!!!!!

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
I too am wondering about the potential loss of running a long coax connection to the subwoofer. I recently purchased the VTF-3 and due to "domestic requirements" have to run a cable from the receiver up into the attic and back down again to the sub..where it hides behind a big chair.The length of this run is exactly 80 feet. I have been told to use RG-6 quad shielded cable and terminate the ends with RCA type adapters. How do you all think this will work? HELP!!!!!

OOps I posted twice...sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks