What's new

Subwoofer Amplifier for TC sounds LMS 5400 ultra 18" for 240v (1 Viewer)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
William Brack said:
oh its amazing!!!! at normal listening volumes, there isn't even any delay in the bass notes. it sounds like its coming staight from the main speakers.but once its moving about 2 inches, there starts to be a SLIGHT lag, but wow, it sounds amazing.oh and i did end up buying the XTI4002 amplifier, i've tested it at 3200w RMS, all the way down to 30hz, i havn't tested below that yet. but will get on it soon.i have noticed just how much the sealed box detrements the lower end. if i had my time again i would go with a slot port. however i have DSP, so i can equalise it so its completely flat :D
I had the same problem but I used the parametric EQ in my Behringer BFD to get a flat response to 17hz. I pulled down an inductance peak and boosted the low end. It only took 4 or 5 filters.

What are you using to measure your in-room response?

William Brack

Auditioning
i was just using a callibrated mic from parts express, but one of the guys i work with doesnt think its quite correct in its measurement.This is what its showing up as:
Screen Shot 2014-09-19 at 11.16.40 AM.png
but the SPL in the room doesn't sound like its dropping that much, so i'm not sure whats going on there.....how would you recomend measuring the sub?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm still learning how to use my PE mic so I'm not much help. I hate to send you to another forum but the DIY guys are hanging out at AVS now. They will be able to answer your question about the in-room response.

William Brack

Auditioning
i worked out what was wrong, REW had corrupted itself. and had screwed up its output tones. here is a new measurement. yet to be equalised, and in a 4cubic foot box. practically flat to 20hz, with -3db roughly at 18/19hz. not bad for a medium sealed box :D
image001.png

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That's a great response curve. I know it will get loud and still sound great. You are in the 'world class' bass range now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks