1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sub-woofer HUM issue when turned ON using Trigger Out from Denon 2312CI

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Mervv, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Mervv

Mervv Auditioning

Hello Robert,
    I am facing a weird humming issue with my HKTS200SUB sub-woofer. I have connected the Denon 2312CI Trigger Out to Harmon Kardon sub-woofer Trigger Input with Harmon Kardon supplied monaural mono audio cable and it works all fine. The Sub switches ON/OFF in sync with the receiver and also delivers great punch and vibration effects.
    However, the issue here is that although I don't hear any humming sound from my speakers on MUTING the receiver, I hear that slight HUM from my sub-woofer at mid sub-woofer level which further amplifies on increasing the sub-woofer level to max.
    After google-ing, I found out that it can be a ground issue and tried switching the power connections across the surge protector but to no avail. I also read about the conflict between the SUB and receiver via the Trigger Cable and tried disconnecting the Harmon Kardon Trigger cable. I was stunned to see the sub-woofer HUM disappear, with absolutely no distortion noise at all.
    But now am back to square one, where I have to manually switch ON/OFF my sub-woofer when needed. Please HELP!!!!
    My specs:
    Receiver: Denon 2312CI
    Home Theater Speaker System: Harmon Kardon HKTS 60BQ
    Sub-Woofer: HKTS200SUB
    Surge Protector: Monster Home Theater Surge Protector JP810