What's new

Sub Placement Question (1 Viewer)

JayKellen

Stunt Coordinator
I currently have my sub right next to my entertainment center, which i have kiddie cornered in my basement....is this spot for the sub fine, or should i put the sub behind my entertainment center so the bass echoes off the walls??...i was told to hide it behind the entertainment center for the best effect, but you guys are the experts....thanks for any info

brentl

Senior HTF Member
The best placement for most rooms tends to be in a front corner. It offers lower extension, and flatter frequency response.

You could always just move it around, just play a little.

Brent

Ron Krebs

Auditioning
For your best bass response, you will want to move it around. All rooms depending on dimensions, furniture, and other factors have different nulls. You may put it behind the entertainment center and get no bass at the listening position. Likewise you could put it in the corner so that it loads up on the 3 sides there and still be sitting in a null. The best trick I know of is to put the Sub at the listening position and move around the room and find the best bass response and then position the sub there. You might find that it is not the Corner. Ideally you want a minimum of 2 subs in a room. But that is up to how perfected you want to get.

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks