What's new

Stylus for the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I see. There's a freemium and a paid version. I missed that before.
Got the free one. Doesn't use game center?!? Wants a Facebook or email account? Bleh. Deleted.
How about Ticket to Ride? I've got that? :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Here's a link to a new stylus in development by Ten1. They are the makers of the Pogo stylus.
What they have cooking is a Bluetooth stylus that talks to the iPad and has pressure sensitivity. If this becomes real, it could be the ticket. Since I use the Wacom tablet to draw on, this would be a great addition to the iPad. I would love to try this out for my artwork.
http://www.tenonedesign.com/bluetiger.php

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by Sam Posten /t/309623/stylus-for-the-ipad-iphone-ipod-touch#post_3910599
Make a fake gmail account just for games.
It's not the privacy, it's the "friction".

Game launches, I'm eager to play, and the very first thing I see is ...'How to you want to login.. this annoying way or that annoying way?' Needless friction is added, when GameCenter is already set up and needing no effort.

So I quit and delete, and look at the 36 other games I've got :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
DaveF said:
It's not the privacy, it's the "friction". 
Game launches, I'm eager to play, and the very first thing I see is ...'How to you want to login.. this annoying way or that annoying way?' Needless friction is added, when GameCenter is already set up and needing no effort.
So I quit and delete, and look at the 36 other games I've got :)
I can kinda see that. I have the same gripe about DRM systems (ie this bullshit of having to have a Pottermore account to download a copy of HP for Kindle is the ultimate in bullshitty bullshit), but I think this is a bit different. These are social apps that are not local to one device. There is no way for someone not on an iDevice to have a game center account nor do I want everyone to have to use GC, I think making Apple the center of all social games would be a terrifically bad idea.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
That may be true. I don't care. It's a nuisance and there are *so* many other games I could play, or forums to chat on :), that I immediately move on. It's like using iPhone instead of Android. I want easy. Logins blocking access to a game is not easy.

It's not rational. And I might not have this attitude tomorrow. But today, small points of annoyance in games get me to move along.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I hate people who can draw this well =)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8HJo4gU86g&feature=youtu.be
The thing is he draws those, one person sees it, then it's gone forever!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My head hurt from buzzword biz-speak overload and had to give up on the article. Do they have something more than a stylus with a felt-tip pen in it?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I didn't get it either! Didn't want to make the time to watch the video as a result.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I didn't even realized there was a video there. It was lost in the morass of biz-jargon and inscrutable visio graphics :)

Some thoughts:
* Maybe the Android Stylus guys were right?
* It's got a dinglehopper that has to be plugged into the iPad
* Laggy response
* 1.5 lbs of glass and aluminum has got to be a lot less comfortable to hold and scribble on than a pad of paper.
* What's the software? Can you get to your notes next year on the iPad 4?

A lot of obvious problems. But...I've been interested in the merger of engineering notebook and computer for about 15 years. This has been a chronic annoyance to me. This sort of device could move us toward solving those problems. But it's all moot for me. I commute by time machine to 1995 every day for work. My industry has a barely concealed hatred of computers and networks, so forget about wireless devices for another decade or three. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks