What's new

Stupid Pioneer Elite Muting Question (1 Viewer)

Walter Scott

Agent
I have a Pioneer VSX-54TX. If I mute the receiver via the remote, is there any way to remove muting from the receiver front panel?

Walter Scott

Agent
Would you believe cycling power has NO affect!?! I swear this is like some kind of security feature; Mute the receiver, power down and hide the remote, no one will be using it! Sigh. At least no one is pointing out some obvious step that I totally missed!

Walter Scott

Agent
Yes, please let me know! I guess the next step is to contact Pioneer. I can live with it, but it would be nice to be able to take it out of mute while standing in front of the unit.

James Phung

Second Unit
While I was watching ROTK:EE, I had it on mute and turned the volume nob on the 1014 and my sound came back on. Its strange that your elite doesn't do the same.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Walter,
Does it on mine as well. I even switched to tv/cd/etc and back to dvd and still was muted. Turned up the volume etc. no change unless you push mute on the remote again.

Just like there is no speaker switch on the remote to switch between a/b as I wanted to a/b some speakers and it was a pain
in the butt because I had to get up and do it on the front of the receiver.

Chad

Walter Scott

Agent
No, does not help! Ah, ROTK, got my EE copy in today as well. Plan to have a marathon of all 3 movies over the Xmas break!

Walter Scott

Agent
Ah, Chad, at least I feel better, now! Thanks for confirming I wasn't missing anything! Saved me a call to Pioneer, too.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I can't see anything in the manual that really talks about muting except the remote mute function.

I am going to check this on the Denon 2805 as well that I have at home. See if it does the same.

Chad

Walter Scott

Agent
On a slightly different subject, as you have done a review of the 54TX, once you go thru auto setup, what is the reference for 0dB on the volume control? Does this represent a certain SPL level, or power output, or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks