What's new

Studio Classics: The Best Picture Collection (1 Viewer)

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well that appears at odds with dvdsoon's email? What the heck is going on? Would it be too much to ask for a representative of Fox to step in here and let their customers know exactly what the situation is?

I would love this simply to be a misunderstanding...

---
So many films, so little time...

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sergio; this will interest you. Humbert has posted the following at thedvdforums.com:

I just got a refund from Amazon.ca for mine, an was told I shouldn't bother returning it:
"As it seems that the problem with this item is more widespread than we originally thought, I hesitate to send you a replacement.
We will investigate and remedy the situation with the item, however I cannot guarantee when the error may be fixed.

I have requested a refund for the item, including the associated shipping costs. This refund should go through within the next 7-10 days and will appear as a credit of CDN$ 23.37 on your next credit card billing statement.

As the cost of return shipping is prohibitively expensive in this case, there is no need to return the faulty item."

...so probably the reply depends on who in amazon's customer service gets your mail...

Give 'em hell!

---

John, you beat me to it!

I just received exactly the same email (except the value was in Canadian dollars).

And there I was thinking it was my persuasive email skills!

Still, it is a nice gesture to offer a full reund and now I will go and order the special edition from PLAY.

How many of these emails is Amazon.Ca sending out I wonder...

Cheers!

Sergio

John Leaning

Agent
Does anyone know of any other product that has the same UPC number in the US and Canada, but the contents are different?

It seems so strange that you can get products with different UPCs having the same contents, but you can't get the same contents when the UPC is the same.

Ali B

Second Unit
So should I send hmy set back? I'm hoping Fox will be shamed into actually replacing the discs and so therefore saving me a huge amount of hassle. I too would appreciate a representative from Fox commenting on this - perhaps we should start a thread in the Studio Feedback forum?

ali

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

If you send your set back without etailer authorisation you're asking for lots of grief I'm afraid Ali. The new thread sounds like a good idea - if you don't make a noise, then Fox won't hear you...

---

John Leaning

Agent
Just got this response from DVDSoon after seeking clarification of their previous response from Fox saying that it was misprint in the packaging.

This information was provided by Fox in the US. We have just received the corrected version today and were amazed. They did correct the packaging and the disk as they did advise but there was also a different disk in the case containing the disk that you inquired for below. The movies department advised that the product will have to be returned for the exchanges to be made. Please follow the return steps provided below so that arrangements can be made. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks