What's new

studio 60 v3 or v4? (1 Viewer)

Ed Kerns

Agent
I've run across a pair of used Paradigm Studio 60's in a local retail shop. These speakers are (reportedly) about 2 years old. They sound great, but have a couple of small cosmetic blemishes on the cabinets. The store is asking 800$ for the pair. I'm told the new version Studio 60's sound a bit better-though I haven't yet found a pair to audition. Can anyone give me an opinion between the two series? Also does eight hundred sound like a reasonable price for the used speakers?

Ed Kerns

Agent
AlanZ, I guess I can't substantiate v.2 or v.3. I was going by what I was told in the store. I don't know these speakers well, is there an easy to locate ID/ serial# tag? Thanks

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Ed:

Yep, if you look on the back of the speaker it should indicate v.2 or v.3 To my knowledge, there are no v.4s for the studio line. The v.3s came out just prior to the release of the Signature line. If they are already on v.4, that's news to me. I think either the Performance or Monitor line of Paradigms (or maybe both?) are up to v.4......but not the studios

mackie

Supporting Actor
The version 2 Paradigm Studios are still great speakers. Unfortunately, I don't have a clue if that's a good deal on that model. Check E-Bay and Audiogon to see if any are for sale and what they're bringing.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You can tell immediately just by looking at the cabinets of the Studios if they are v2 or v3 - the 3s have a "hump" on the top that is much more pronounced than the v2s.

IMO, $800 is too much for v2s.

WayneO

Supporting Actor
They gotta be v.2's since they're two years old. v.3 are the current Studio models. v.4 just came out for the Monitor line, the guy got them mixed up. Based on used v.2 100's going for $11-1400, $800 is a fair price if the blemishes aren't too severe.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Anyone who pays $1400 for a used pair of used 100s is smoking the crack pipe.......I love those speakers, but I only paid $1650 for them new when I bought mine in 2003.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks