What's new

Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip - Season One (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Obviously no one is going to agree on this topic but according to Zap2it, the premiere of Studio 60 So just the first episode, which was the highest rated episode of the series, lost a big number (granted, they don't say how many 'signifcant' is) of people halfway through the show. They didn't turn it off to see a football game (there wasn't one on)* and they didn't turn it off to see half an episode of CSI: Miami- they turned it off because they didn't like it and they never came back because the numbers continued to drop.

Once again, I loved Studio 60 but they could have given it any time slot and it would have about had the same results ratings wise.

Season's First Night Goes to NBC - 'Deal' strong, 'Studio 60' OK for Peacock Monday - Zap2it

*EDIT: I'm wrong. There was game on.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

I know its off topic but that's exactly the same thing I was thinking from the commercials and was very glad when I watched after the first block of episodes had aired.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
You mean the Jacksonville Jaguars didn't beat the Pittburgh Steelers 9-0 that night? I could have sworn that game was played on Monday, September 18, 2006.

There are only 2 Mondays during the NFL preseason and regular season where there isn't a game on TV. One is Labor Day when it coincides with the last weekend of the preseason, and the other is the last weekend of the regular season.

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
I will say, there wasn't a show that was more fun to snark on in recent memory. It was just so self-important and self/Sorkin-indulgent.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I stand corrected. That being said, if people turned the game off to see Studio 60, they still saw half of it and decided that the game was better and turned back to it. A drop halfway through the show means that people aren't even interested enough to watch an entire episode and thus didn't care for it.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I don't disagree with you. I was just discussing the scenario as it occurred in my house. Not that I count toward the ratings.

2006 was the first year that MNF was moved to ESPN, which is probably why it wasn't mentioned in the article about network television ratings.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I cannot believe that there is so much activity regarding a show that was cancelled last year. But here I am commenting on the show I can't believe people are still discussing. I, for one, enjoyed the show immensly and was disappointed that it was cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks