What's new

Strong Bad Emails: 3-Disc DVD! (Homestar Runner) (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
Yes. How dare the creators of an immensely popular web series put out what looks to be a massive, well-put-together and wonderfully designed DVD set for their fans. The nerve.

/is wearing a H*R shirt at this very moment

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay

What does that have to do with anything? Why did you feel the need to say that? Some of us are happy about this release. Thanks for the useless comment. Perhaps I'll go into the LOTR: EE thread and say "Sucks that this is coming out."

On another note, I'm happy this is coming out, and for such a great price. Hopefully it will mean more releases of some of their random cartoons.

Matt Rexer

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder how the Easter eggs will be translated? In the flash cartoons, you can sometimes click on words or other parts of the screen to get a side-movie to play. You can invisible buttons on DVDs menus or video streams -- like the hidden hotspots in the flash cartoons -- but without a mouse arrow to guide you, it'd be hard to figure out what you're attempting to "click" on to see if there's an Easter egg there. They could just highlight all of the formerly-hidden Easter eggs spots like normal DVD buttons, I guess... but that wouldn't really make them Easter eggs.

Whatever... as long as it's all there, I'll be handing my $30 over to the Bros.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The easter eggs will probably be encoded just like eggs are on menus...

They'll be invisible until you move your remote cursor around. I'm guessing that instead of your mouse telling you where eggs are, the egg becomes highlighted.

It depends if DVD technology is used for good or for awesome. :D

Geez, half the posts on Fark.com when a SBE is linked on the front page, are like that!

"The Poopsmith's job is obvious."

Ike

Screenwriter
Excellent. I was hoping they'd release a DVD, though all the emails are still up and running. Must buy for me.

Devin_C

Stunt Coordinator

From their shipping page - 'Orders from $20.00 to $44.99 - $7.00'.

Even with the cdn dollar doing half-decent, $37US to get it up here is rough; wonder if any cdn retailers will pick it up...

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
You can still watch them on the site though...

Is this only sold online? If it is then I'm not buying, but I may pick it up if I saw it in the store.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
On a scale of 1 to Awesome, this is super-great! It's so cool, you don't even know how cool it is.

I just hope I don't have to call Senor Cardgage Mortgage to finance buying this set.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz

That's what Decemberween wishlists are for!

I wonder if email #100 will be anamorphically enhanced for widescreen tv's? :)

Matt Rexer

Stunt Coordinator
I just hope I don't have to call Senor Cardgage Mortgage to finance buying this set.

Just in case, you might wanna put 555-55-55855-55-5-SENOR-MORT-GAGE-TODAY in your cellphone address book!

Darcy Hunter

Stunt Coordinator

More like, GREAT! Just what we needed. NERD!

Seriously, this great news. I need to order this before my head-a-splode!

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Ok, finally broke down and ordered this after watching the latest email. Sure I could download em all and make my own DVDs, but I'm lazy. Anyone got a copy of these yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks