What's new

"Stripperella" on TNN (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Whenever I think of Maurice on Futurama, I think of the son of Mom from "Mom's Old-Fashioned Robot Oil". He basically uses the same voice as the Brain.

p.s. In case you hadn't heard, Maurice LaMarche was also the voice of The Brain on Pinky and the Brain. ;)

and Silica absorbs moisture...

JayV

Supporting Actor
Seriously, though, some of you may not be aware of this, but Maurice LaMarche played The Brain on Pinky and the Brain.

I can't emphasize this enough.

-j

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I remember once I saw Maurice LaMarche's name in the credits on Pinky and the Brain. Anyone know who he played?

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Pinky: I think so Brain, but why do you sound like Maurice LaMarche?

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Maurice LaMarche??? Hey! Wasn't he the voice of Brain???

..anyone have any salsa to go with my silica chips? ;)

DarrellP

Stunt Coordinator
Now if TNN would only air at the proper times......

Stripperella and Sten/Rimpy both got cut by 10 minutes on my PVR because they were running late.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's episode (Cheapo) was even better than last week's. I think Stripperella's strength is largely that it knows when to play material straight. If they had tried to make jokes about the father watching his daughter strip, it would have come off weird and unfunny, but played straight and letting the situation be funny by itself was hilarious.

Ray Chuang

Screenwriter
Dan,

I thought Cheapo was one of the most hilarious villains I've seen in a LONG time. :laugh: His penchant for trying to collect change as much as possible made me laugh out loud much of the time. Cheapo and his henchmen are definitely major parodies of all the villains we saw on the old Batman TV series from the 1960's, complete with Cheapo ordering his henchmen to take on Striperella! :D

If you think of Striperella as a major satire on American culture and superhero shows, it is one wickedly funny show. :emoji_thumbsup:

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Having missed the end of the first episode, I adjusted my TiVo to pad an extra 5 minutes, and that still wasn't enough. I scheduled the repeat and I padded it 15 minutes. Kiss my ass TNN!

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Wayne, I'm starting to agree with you. My ReplayTV didn't even tape Stripperella OR Ren & Stimpy (it said "Could tune to channel). I remember a couple times I noticed TNN was all snow. I told a bunch of people to tune in Sunday at 8 to see the "Most Extreme Challenge" and they all said there was snow as well.

What the hell??? :angry:

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Do you think they'll eventually release these on DVD without the pixelated censorship?
It's probably done by the creators, like the bleeps on South Park.

Did anyone else recognize the voice of Stan Lee in this episode? He was the old guy who invented the cell phone. "And it weighs only ten pounds!"

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I liked the wire-cutter gag. Unfortunately the majority of the jokes so far are misses, IMHO. Cheapo was an excellent villain though.

Line of the night:
"Now there's only one thing that can get in our way!"
"Logic?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks