What's new

Stream Video from Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and Local Movies from Tablet to TV (1 Viewer)

Robert.CB

Agent
Hello all,

I hope this is the correct place to post this question. I'm toying with the idea of buying a Dell Latitude 10 tablet (windows 8 full) and use this device to control all of the media that I want to play on the TV. The conent that I would want to play would be mainly from Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and locally stored movies. I feel good that the tablet can play from these sources, but I don't have a good handle on how to stream the content from the tablet to the TV, as I am wanting to do this wirelessly. I see lots of products out there, but am unsure as to which one would be the best fit. What would be the best products to get to accomplish this? Is there another tablet that would be better suited for this and what products do I need for the TV itself? The TV is an older model and does not have any capablity to do streaming, just video inputs (hdmi, component, composit, s-video, etc.). Thanks for any and all help.

Robert.CB

Agent
Thanks for the quick response. That does look like it will work, although I'm not sure if the latitude 10 can do Intel WiDi. Do you know if it would work with it? If not, do you have a recommendation on a tablet that could do the job?

Thanks again.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If your Dell is Windows 8 and doesn't do WiDi...then it is the only Windows 8 that doesn't.

Edit:

That is a tablet...Let's see what Dell.com says.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
No. Dell doesn't include WiDi with that tablet. (I was under the assumption you had already done the research on WiDi)

By the way. Tablets supporting WiDi are "not out yet". Last I cared to check was July. Tablets with WiDi will be out at any time.

Android devices will probably have it first. My LG L9 finally got MiraCast 2 weeks ago. I've had the phone almost three months.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way. Asking your question "using a tablet" got me excited. I currently use a Windows 7 HP(HP was an early adopter of WiDi on Windows 7) in my office. I'd love to buy a tablet for the office to pass around to clients...

WiDi tablets are coming. Who knows what the holdup is.

Robert.CB

Agent
Thanks for the info. Sorry, about not knowing about the WiDi part for the tablet. I'm just now doing research on this as I just thought how nice it would be do that, but that's pretty dissappointing they don't have any available yet. I would have thought tablets with WiDi would have already be widely available as that to me as well is a very exciting option to have. Thanks again for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks