What's new

Story about a girl(personal experience) (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
My G/F said "No" the first time I asked her out(After watching her walk past my office twice a day for 6 months). She had noticed me walking around but made no effort to talk to me.

Just yesterday when my G/F was talking to the girl I share a office with about how we got together I made a comment about why is it always the guys jobs to ask women out. If I left it up to my G/F we never wouldve even met.Officemate replied "Just becuase I think a guy is attractive doesnt mean I want to go out with him"

So,there it is.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

This comments scares me. If this is true for all the gender, could men and women be any more different?

Edit: Assuming when she says "attractive" she means all around attraction (personality, etc.), not just as some hunky fantasy. If she meant the latter then I understand.

Julie K

Screenwriter

Sure they could. Men could be nearly twice the size of women , like the case with gorillas. Men could be tiny parasites that live forever attached to a woman many times his size, like deep sea anglerfish. Women could associate only with other women except for brief mating periods, as with various deer species. Men could look radically different in coloration than women, as in various species of birds.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I wish, that, I knew what I know now, when I was younger
I wish, that, I knew what I know now, when I was stronger

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
For many years, I was sooooo nervous about asking a girl out. Just don't put pressure on yourself...."No Expectations, No Disappointments".

Julie K

Screenwriter

WTF?

There are species of anglerfish in which the tiny male finds a large female, bites her, and becomes permanently attached. She supplies food via the bloodstream and he provides sperm. Perfect sense for a fish who lives in dark waters in low numbers.

My examples were meant to show that human sexes are far more alike than not. Great differences in the sexes are to be found in other creatures.

How are earth are you getting 'man-hating' out of that?

Sheesh.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
If I misread then I apologize.

It seemed to me we were being called parasites and gorillas. The parasite part didnt sit very well.

Julie K

Screenwriter

Sexual diamorphism is pronounced in most primates except humans - I'm saying that men aren't gorillas.

Humans are also different from other animals, like deer, who remain in same sex groups most of the year or who are completely solitary (moose).

Cameron asked if men and women could be more different. Nature shows that the sexes in animals can be far, far more different than many people realize.

Ok, biology lesson over.

Edited to add:

This deep sea beauty has two little males stuck to her. Humans aren't like this, of course.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
this is an *awesome* thread ... i just love this kind of stuff.

okay, everything has already been said, so i'll just babble a little bit .. if no one minds???

1. i had a similar crush (yes, i think this can be called a crush) on this girl in college - she was in a couple of my classes. i mean, i got all nervous when i was around her. finally, one day i just said "fuggit" and sat by her in class. i made up some stupid line and we just started talking. although i found out she was married ( :rolleyes:) we neded up becoming friends. moral of story - just do it!

2. you clearly have a nervous hang-up. until you get over it, this ain't gonna be easy. what exactly do you expect to get out of this? are you hoping to become friends or something more?

3. don't forget that people are unpredictable. this could swing either way. she may think you're whack ... or the greatest thing since sliced bread. if things go well, then so be it. more importantly, if things do NOT go well, don't fret over it. at least then you can proudly say, "i gave it a shot!"

damn, is it friday yet???

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
oh yeah, if you start singing "every breath you take", then it's time to see a therapist...

Julie K

Screenwriter

In many species, reproduction sounds decidedly unpleasant

Concerning giant squid:
"The relatively long terminal organ (penis) of a mature male is almost the length of its mantle, from which it projects freely, through the funnel, for a considerable portion of the organ's length. Species with such long organs presumably use them directly to implant spermatophores hydraulically into the female, and as a rule lack modification of either ventral arm (hectocotylus) for spermatophore transfer. Architeuthis lacks a hectocotylus.

His metre+-long penis presumably injects numerous spermatophores directly into the female's arms (Fig. 4). The two animals then separate, the male swimming away, probably a bit beat up (possibly having lost parts of his arms and tentacles in the violent struggle; see cannibalism thread), but none the wiser likely repeats this affair with another female (should the opportunity arise). His spermatophores remain embedded in each female's arms - possibly burrowing even deeper into their flesh."

There are also indications that male giant squid will attempt to reproduce with other male giant squid. Presumably it's hard to find a suitable mate so one has to try all other giant squid just in case.

***NOTE***
***DISCLAIMER****
NO ATTEMPT IS BEING MADE TO LINK GIANT SQUID (OR EVEN VERY TEENY TINY SQUID) REPRODUCTION TO HUMAN REPRODUCTION/RELATIONS/THOUGHTS/EMOTIONS/ETC IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM
****DISCLAIMER****
****END NOTE******

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I was just watching the David Attenborough DVD set of "Life of Mamals" and THANK GOD were not Porcupines!!!! :eek:

OUCH!!!

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I feel so inadequate right now.

BTW, Antonio, the details of giant squid reproduction would not be a suitable topic for that first conversation. :)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
The only species I know of where the male and female are almost exactly ideal is a certain species of prairie vole. "Until death do us part" is literally the case! Pure monogamy, unlike humans, which tend to be serial monogamists (or is that polygynous? I forget).

Dangit, the sushi restaurants around here still don't serve giant squid yet. You'd think that, if it is true that giant squid make up a considerable amount of biomass in the ocean, that they'd be on menus everywhere by now?

Antonio, just be glad the girl doesn't have clawed tentacles. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks