What's new

Stomach bug (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else get this sorry fucker? My parents gave it to me just before they took off for Florida. They were both done puking in 12 hours and back to feeling normal after 24 hours. I haven't puked since around the 12 hour mark, but the way my guts feel I sure wish I had. During those first 12 hours, it was about every 20-40 minutes. Haven't slept in 48 hours now, because the bug kept me up all last night too. I'm going to take a Tylenol PM and hope the sleep cures what ails me.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
My wife and both my kids had it last week. Not me.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Sounds like the dreaded 24 hour stomach bug...

Keep drinking fluids and stay hydrated...

if you can keep anything down, it may be soup or soup like soft foods...

Jay

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Oh, good. Now we'll know who the blame the outbreak on.
Our current disease du jour is a nasty upper-respiratory/sinus thing that never seems to entirely go away. I have had it, on and off, since mid-December and it is now back to its "active" phase. Half my office is (and has been) in the same boat. With all the coughing and hacking around here, it sounds like a TB ward. I'm waiting for my doctor's office to take the phones off the answering service at 9 AM so I can try to get an appointment. Maybe we can trade with your parents.

Regards,

Joe

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Well, the Tylenol PM allowed me to get 12 hours of badly needed sleep. Now it's moved its way down from the stomach to the intestinal tract, which I consider a sort of victory.If so, I'm really glad they're down there for a while!

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Sounds like the norovirus. Has been going around up here for the last 2 months. The wife and two daughters and my self got it Dec 24, 25, 26 and 27. Was great fun, but at least it was done for each of us in 48 hours.

Somehow our son escaped the 2 days of death.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Lucky son of a gun. I got hit late Monday night and I still don't feel 100 percent. Last night was the first time I got to sleep unmedicated, and I didn't fall asleep until 6:30 am. The only other time in my life I came close to feel that awful was when I had an allergic reaction to the painkillers they gave me after I got my wisdom teeth out. And at least then I was able to just lay off the pill and grin and bear my way through the pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks