1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Sticky an SVS FAQ thread already!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ned, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Ned

Ned Well-Known Member

Every single day we have "new" SVS threads that ask questions that have been answered hundreds of times already.

"My room is X x Y which SVS should I get?"
    "Is SVS too much for my small room?"
    "My SVS shipped today!!!"
    "My SVS sucks, what's wrong with it?"
    "OMG my SVS rules, pictures are falling down, and so on"

etc etc ad nauseum.

Come on people. Anyone posting these threads is just wasting forum space and time with threads that have all been answered many times. You could find the answers in 30 seconds with a simple SEARCH.

Everyone can contribute to the faq thread, then lock it and sticky to the top.

2. Todd_Petersen

Todd_Petersen Well-Known Member

LOL, it looks like there is a product out there that people really like. Not only that but when people spend alot of money on something they like to share their experience and get some positive reinforcement on their buying decision.

3. Aaron H

Aaron H Well-Known Member

I think you see a few "I ordered my SVS today!!!" threads everyday. Kinda annoying, but I guess I can understand being excited about it.

Aaron

4. james e m

james e m Well-Known Member

I don't mind those threads, in fact I kind of enjoy them. I don't own a SVS but I like reading about them. Even if people know the answers to some of these questions I think people just want reassurance about their possible purchase.
    James

5. Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman Well-Known Member

On another forum, the admins decided to make certain manufacturers' threads "sticky" to prevent the board from being overrun by multiple threads about those brands. It did indeed cut down on the number of threads--but then people complained that it looked like those manufacturers were getting special privileges and free advertising.

--Steve

6. Jorge UF

Jorge UF Well-Known Member

I don't see the big problem here. If you don't want to read it don't click on it. Pretty simple I think. So only new questions can be asked?? Sure some of your answers may be answered by doing a search, but someone might have a recent experience that might help in a buyers decision. If you have a question I think you should ask it, but thats just my opinion.

7. BrianKR

BrianKR Well-Known Member

You will soon be reading an SVS thread from me.
    Something like this:
    OMG IT'S HERE!
    OMG IT IS HERE!
    "OMG!!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT'S "FINALLY" HERE!" [​IMG]

8. Well, iirc, SVS does pay to avertise a banner here....so if they did get a sticky, it wouldn't be entirely favortism[​IMG] But I agree...there is a rediculous number of repeat threads.

9. jeff peterson

jeff peterson Well-Known Member

You do realize the ironicity here don't you? [​IMG]
    There have been other posts in the past, ever since SVS swung open the factory doors, complaining about the proliferation of fawning SVS threads. So, the complaints here about thread repetition is itself repetitious.
    Me? I enjoy it all [​IMG] Life is short, life is good, SVS is good.
    End of zen moment.

10. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson Well-Known Member

Matthew Anderson
    I agree with the other post. If you don't want to read it then just don't open it. I really enjoy reading them myself but then again everyone is entitled to their opinion.

11. Jon Sheedy

Jon Sheedy Well-Known Member

Well, I guess I'll use this SVS thread to save opening another SVS thread and announce: "My SVS CS-Ultra has ARRIVED!" [​IMG]
    Great big thanks to the guys at SVS for very helpful, friendly, professional attidute and lightning fast shipping!
    I cannot wait to get it fired-up.
    Jon
    P.S...as far as the amount of SVS threads, I have also enjoyed reading them all...especially since I have been very interested in the product. As with other equipment that I've purchased, once I myself own it, I STILL enjoy reading the questions and experiences of other members regarding that equipment. Given the popularity of these subs, and the ability to get direct feedback from the engineers and manufacturer (don't see Velodyne guys attempting this!), it's to be expected...and exactly the kind of threads I expect to come across in the Speakers and Subwoofers forum. I suggest you do as most do with threads that don't interest them.....scroll! [​IMG]

12. Yee-Ming

Yee-Ming Well-Known Member

Yee Ming Lim

13. Erik Fornander

I like to read SVS threads but I think that all the "I just ordered a SVS" threads that just says that a member just ordered a new SVS and nothing else are unnecessary. SVS threads containing questions, reviews, opinions on how much they like/dislike the subwoofer etc are on the other hand interesting to read, IMHO.

Erik

14. Charles J P

Charles J P Well-Known Member

CJ Paul
    Yeah, I dont see the problem either. Whats a waste of forum space. Its not like if we're not careful we'll use up all the forum and their wont be any left [​IMG] Pages roll, things fall out of the archives, etc. Why is one thread more valuable then others. As long as its not violating the forum rules, or a direct repetition of a currently open thread... I dont feel like people should be "required" to refrain from opening threads on subjects that have been done before. If that was so, close the Polls section down because there has already been a tourny for every topic possible so there is nothing else to say [​IMG]