What's new

Steven Spielberg's Munich - 5/9 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Has anyone's copy of the 2 disk LE shipped from Amazon ?
My copy is still pending, and now when you go to the product listing it says this title is unavailable to order and only offers Marketplace sellers.

So it looks like yet again that Universal (after Cinderella Man and Jarhead) are making their 2 disk LEs unavailable to buy online, which makes it impossible for those of us based overseas to get them unless you pay silly money on ebay.

Has anyone found a reputable online store with this actually in stock and shipping overseas.

Thanks

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
I think DeepDiscountDVD.com has the two-disc edition up for sale, but I'm
not sure they ship overseas. :frowning:

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
This is silly. The DVD is OOP on release day. I placed my preorder with Amazon a long time ago, but it's still not "shipping soon". If it doesn't change to that status by the evening, I'm gonna call Amazon and see what's up.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Apparently, my 2 disc'er shipped on Sunday according to DDD's site. the e-mail says it shipped yesterday. We'll see when it gets here...

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I ordered mine from Deep Discount last night becuase I didn't want to travel from store to store today hoping to snag a copy.

Universal are a bunch of dopes for making the LE so hard to come by.

PatrickDA

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Patrick
I just got back from Best Buy and the only had about five copies of the two-
disc edition of Munich, which does have a VERY NICE 36-page photo book
inside of it by the way! Although, my 'New World' Best Buy only cover art
was ruined by their damn price tag sticker...I HATE BEST BUY!

Dougieha

Agent
Real Name
Doug H.
I stopped by Fry's this morning (Renton, WA) and they didn't have any copies of the 2-disc LE.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
I ordered the 2-disc edition from Amazon a few weeks ago; it's still not "about to ship", so I assume they're not selling it.

Crap.

Adam Santangelo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Santangelo
Just visited my local Toronto retailer and all they had was the single-disc version, with bilingual packaging to boot.

When I noticed last week that none of our online Canadian retailers were listing the two-disc set, I ordered from Amazon.com... which I guess was useless.

I just ordered from Barnes & Noble, which also has the set for $27.99 (or better with a member discount) and reasonable shipping rates to Canada. They claim to have copies ready to ship within 24 hours, so you might want to go that route if you're in Canada or if you were burned by Amazon.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
I found only two copies of the 2-disc CE on the shelves (picked up one) when I arrived a couple of minutes after Best Buy opened. I was counting on Amazon to ship my copy, but when I didn't receive the usual e-mail notification when a pre-order ships, I didn't want to let the opportunity slip. If Amazon ships, great; if not, I have no regrets. :)

Shaun

Second Unit
I just got back from Best Buy and was able to grab the last copy of the 2-disc edition. What is it with Universal?! Also, this is the first Spielberg DVD in a long while not to include DTS. Spielberg/Universal/DTS - shouldn't that be a no brainer?

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
F'em. If I can't get the two-disc edition I want (Amazon is sitting on mine as well, though they shipped The New World), I won't get the film at all.

Hopefully, it's just a hiccup.

Shaun

Second Unit

I highly doubt that, considering that there is no commentary track to take up space and all of the extras are crammed onto the second disc. Even The Terminal had a DTS track, though that along with all of Spielberg's most recent films were released by Dreamworks. I guess the blame goes to Universal, I guess.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

Keep in mind, MUNICH was over 30 minutes longer than THE TERMINAL; yes, TravisR, at 2 hours and 44 minutes, I'm sure the video would have been compromised with a DTS track.

P.S.: I got one of only three Collector's Editions at Best Buy...whew! Nerve-wracking business sometimes, this DVD collecting!

Sergio

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sergio Perez-More
Hello,

I got the only two Collector's Edition at my local Best Buy (Gastonia, NC)

One copy for me and one for my friend that is in Germany working for a week. I guess he will be happy that I got one for him.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks