1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Steve Winwood

Discussion in 'Music' started by Tom McDonald, Jun 19, 2003.

1. Tom McDonald

Tom McDonald Well-Known Member

Anyone else heard the new Steve Winwood cd yet? I have listened to it several times and am thrilled that he has finally gone way back to his Traffic days with the sound, very much like Low Spark and I think it is quite good, [​IMG] from me.

2. Mark All

Mark All Well-Known Member

Steve Winwood's new release "About Time" is one of the best new recordings I've bought in the last couple of years. Winwood has released "About Time" on his own independent label. He's working heavily with his Hammond organ again, a great guitarist, and a lot of latin percussion. I can't think of a stand-out track--they're all good to my ears and the CD runs about 70 minutes. A lot of the tracks have extended instrumental jams. I think it's his best work since the mid-80s and possibly equal to the work he did with Traffic. I'll have to listen to it a few more times before I'm sure about that though.

I'd say he's got his Mojo back. Seems like going independent has profound artistic benefits.

3. KevinJ

KevinJ Well-Known Member

the label he's on is distributed through sci fidelity[string cheese incident's label]btw

4. Rob M.

Rob M. Well-Known Member

I'm a long-time fan and I agree; this is the best record he's made in ages (I could do without "Why Can't We Live Together," though--just too repetative). It sounds more like Traffic than Far From Home (an album I like, by the way).

I posted a thread asking this the other day, but no one answered--do you guys have any of the Traffic remasters? Bestbuy.com has some for about 8 bucks right now, and I'm thinking about replacing/adding to my collection.

5. John Tillman

John Tillman Well-Known Member