What's new

Steve Jobs Passed Away Tonight (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The news isn't unexpected, but certainly unpleasant. It reminds me of Patrick Swayze, another victim of the disease. We expected the inevitable but hoped for a miracle. Steve Jobs and his company have changed my interaction with the world over the last decade. I'm rarely in the car without my iPod and never without my iPhone. Prayers for his family.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Last Saturday the Nobel committee rewarded a Canadian with a prize - unknowing of the fact that he had died of pancreatic cancer the day before. That same day we lost our moderator Robert Fowkes to the same disease, and now Steve Jobs, to whom Robert looked up as an example how to keep fighting it.

Jobs certainly changed the world and although I'm personally not a user of any of his products, it's plain to see what he has contributed to our culture and society. He gave the whole world a lot.

He was a man with a busy and restless character. May he rest in peace.

Cees

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I've never owned anything from Apple. But Jobs is still among the most inspiring people I've ever known of. Really saddened that he lost that battle. RIP Mr. Jobs.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Two of the principals in my firm died of pancreatic cancer. It seems like we're hearing more and more instances of this 'rare' cancer claiming people. You knew it was coming but it's still a sad day. I remember where I was when I heard that Reagan was shot, Lennon was killed and Challenger exploded. The news of Steve Jobs passing is added to that list. The world has lost a true innovator.

montrealfilmguy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ben Weaver
I was just going to post about the canadian Nobel prize winner,but i got beat to it. However, Thank you Steve Jobs for everything,but a special thanks for Pixar.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks