What's new

Steve Hoffman Site hijacked (1 Viewer)

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Anyone here read the Steve Hoffman music forum? I think it's been hijacked.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/

unless he moved it and not told anybody where it is. Hopefully someone here has the news on what is happening that site.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Hi Anthony, earlier today there was a post on SH.TV called RIP Steve Hoffman Music Forums - when I went to the thread, I was given an 'access denied' message.

One can only speculate at this time, but I can't think someone like Steve would pull the plug like this?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
That is what happens when the mods kill a thread.

It is damn curious though that the day before the single biggest release in the history of that forum, it goes down. Although it may simply be that the site just can't deal with the load, which has gotten pretty heavy as of late, and sure as hell would not decrease any once members actually own the discs in question..

Brian

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
But why is this happening? I think the cryptic message of "RIP Steve Hoffman Music Forums," posted by someone I'm not familiar with (and I couldn't enter the thread -- could only see the title), followed by not being able to access the site by normal means, is very mysterious. There seems to be no mention of any of this on the website.

zackscott5

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Zack Scott
I think that it could have been hacked but it is up now through normal means. Tried to see what all the hub bub was about in the forums but there was nothing that talked about this weird little mishap.

John Watson

Screenwriter
It's still not working properly for many, and we have to use little work-arounds to navigate within the site.

There has been some suggestions on the site it was a Domain name registration problem, the rights had expired. But there has been no explicit statement from the Forum about it.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Originally Posted by Rachael B

That must of been the day I was gettin some Hoffman's real estate site instead of the desired site....?
Yes, that was the day.

- Steve

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
looks to be working now, was there ever any news on what happened?

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
No, but it seems suspicious that it was the day before the Beatles remasters were released, which was certainly to be a peak usage day on that forum.

- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks