What's new

Steve Hackett Live in Buneos Aries (1 Viewer)

John Geelan

Screenwriter
If your a fan of Genesis and great progressive/jazzy rock don't miss the new live DVD set from Steve Hackett's last tour.

The DVD also comes with 2 cds from the show. 3 discs in all.
The concert is in Dolby Digital 5.1 Sound and it sounds great.

Steve does a few classic Genesis songs as well as his solo material which is very under-rated by music critics.
There are 23 songs in all including Watcher of the Skies, Horizons, Firth Of Fifth, a Genesis Medley which includes moments from A Lamb Lies Down On Broadway plus solo material like The Steppes (great bass!) and Camino Royale.

It's available thru his website for 19 british pounds. Mine came signed by Steve.

Highly Recommended for Genesis fans.

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
John...heading over to his website to check it out. Hoping you've negelected to mention ALL the Genesis tunes and it includes something from Trick or Wind....especially like to hear Entangled!

Thanks for the info!

JOn

JimChan

Stunt Coordinator
Is this the same DVD as Steve Hackett's Live in South America...Live at Teatro Coliseo Buenos Aires??

I've purchased this DVD recently, and didn't aware this 3 disc version.

Btw, anyone notice some defects in the DD5.1 track in first song. Such defects didn't exist in the DD2.0.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Is this the same DVD as Steve Hackett's Live in South America...Live at Teatro Coliseo Buenos Aires??
JimChan,

Yes it is. This dvd set includes 2 cds from the concert as well as the DVD.

And yes there is an occasional audio glitch in the DD 5.1 track, nothing I can't live with. It wouldn't be worth it to me to send it back for a new one because this is a signed copy and that defect is probably in all the dvd's.
Again, I can live with it.

Jon,

No, Steve doesn't go deeply into the Genesis catalog but does play a few of the classics like Los Endos from "Trick Of The Tail" and the always beautiful Horizons from "Foxtrot".

BTW, every time I hear Horizons my mind thinks "Suppers Ready" should be next.

Overall the sound on this set is spectacular. The Steppes makes my SVS subwoofer really rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks