What's new

Stern streaming over the Internet rumor (1 Viewer)

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
Anyone know any more details on this rumor? During Stern's soundcheck yesterday a guy asked him about it and he said "They're working on it."

Now that would be awesome cuz I'd go from my car to work and not miss much. I just need a reciever for home and I can cover all my bases.

Brent T

Second Unit
I belive they are looking to find a sponsor to put up the big bucks so its worth it for Sirius.

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
Yeah, I can understand that.

The the technical infrastructure to handle that kind of streaming load must cost a pretty penny.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

They already have the infrastructure. Sirius streams all their music channels and some talk channels right from their website (click "Listen" from www.sirius.com). All you need is to log in with your account. MOF, they used to stream every channel; talk, music, sports, entertainment, but I think the hosts/channels/games that are also on terrestrial put a stop to it, cause now it's Sirius shows only.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
True, but that's mostly a question of purchasing more bandwith and capable servers.

Tim_Stack

Second Unit
Looks like streaming is coming definitely. On one of Sirius' pages theres a signup for a e-mail updates that says, "Want to get updated as soon as Howard starts streaming? Sign up here."

Cool - won't have to buy a separate radio for work.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Yeah but what do we do in the meantime. I read that they are going to replay the show at 9:00 pm. Now I just need to figure out how to record and make this an mp3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks