What's new

Stephen King's Nightmares & Dreamscapes -TNT (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
LOL, well, some members found Pazuzu to be "too scary" and I just got tired of ol' Mikey.

I'll put Myers back around October for Halloween but in the meantime I wanted something funny in my sig, and Sledge is the man for funny. ;)

Plus, I always like to take shots at open matte and pan n scan whenever I can. :D

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
I loved Battleground although I wish that the Army men were CGI instead of blue-screened men in suits but the rockets and bazooka fire effects were awesome. The commando was a nice touch. All in all, a great start to the series.

Crouch End sucked hard. Bad script all around and terrible performances. I wanted them to suffer -- horrible.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I found the fact that they used real people for the army men made it creepier for me, they would have looked too Toy Story-ish if they were CGI IMO.

The part that made me squirm was when he stabbed that one army man with the knife and the man was stuck and wriggling around on the end of the blade. {{{SHUDDER}}}

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Just watched "Battleground" and it was fun as it slowly dawned on me I had read the story when I was a teen. I was a tad disappointed by the addition of the commando and I was really trying hard to remember how the nuclear weapon was detonated in the original story. Of course everything was kind of jumbled since I thought he was out on the ledge when he got blown up. Was "Battleground" part of the "Skeleton Crew" collection?

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
The actor playing Lonnie Freeman fared much better delivering his lines as Pvt. Webster in Band of Brothers.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Hate to ask but how did Crouch End...umm..end. My satellite went out just as she stumbled out of the alley into the senior citizens and started up again as the cop told Claire Forlani that they named the cat Lonnie. Was there an explanation as to what happened to Lonnie?

Weak episode as compared to the brilliance of Battleground.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The cat turned out to be the same "zombie cat" she'd seen earlier, I think they turned Lonnie into a cat? :confused:

I really couldn't say, it was stupid, that's all I know lol.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Anybody watch last night?

"Umney's Last Case" departed a bit from the short story, adding some characters and eliminating others. Some of it worked, some of it didn't. William Macy did his typical excellent job. But what happened to the paperboy from the short story?

"The End of the Whole Mess" - Started out slow and I missed about the last 15 minutes or so.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark

The water they found in Texas that stopped all the aggresion had side effects. The whole world caught Alzheimers because of them. While there was no war, there wasn't much else either as no one could remember anything. The brothers ended up killing themselves because of what they had done. It was kind of a sad ending.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
it's been a snoozefest up until this point...I don't know if it's bad adaptations of king's work or the source material that's the problem, but all of King's stuff lacks a punch. It just drags on and on and on and then nothing happens.

2002's Twilight Zone was more entertaining than this.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I've seldom thought King's written works have translated well to the screen, with the exception of the early stuff like "The Shining" and "Carrie" perhaps. The TV stuff has been mostly dreadful, "The Stand", perhaps, excepted, and even that wasn't all that I hoped it would be.

His short stories can be fun reads, but they are quirky and generally don't have much substance beyond the concept. I think stretching these into hour-long episodes may be too much for some of them. I'd rather see more stories with half hour episodes.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer

I'll go a step further and say that the people doing the adaptations aren't doing a good job. These don't translate well because they aren't translating them well. The scripts have been so-so or just plain bad. Even worse, the changes to the source material don't help the stories -- they hurt them.

All in all, they lack an urgency. They are melodramatic, not scary.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
For those of you with Comcast Digital, all eight episodes are available in their On Demand area, regular and in HD, and they're free. Most episodes are 48 minutes, not totally commercial free, but where the commercial breaks are, they just put in a very brief TNT promo.

Really liked the first episode with William Hurt, not to impressed with the rest. Watching #7 with Bill Macy right now, probably catch the last one tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks