What's new

Steel Battalion out yet? (1 Viewer)

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I called my store. The announcement of the Live add-on pushed me over. They have 3 left. If any of them aren't picked up by tonight, IT'S MINE, BABY!

Mike

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I've been reading about this and please Dear god someone talk me out of buying this. I cannot with Xmas coming rationalize getting this for $200 but yet I fear I will.

I think about how many DVD's I could get for $200 , please stop me.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
The box is sitting in my living room FINALLY!

I have to go out and get a haircut in a bit but Ill be backon later with some imressions.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
A haircut was the lame excuse you gave me?
Geez!
You have that curly hair that fros anyway, not like it'll interfere with your gaming ;)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Romier, So are you gonna build a Plywood Cockpit and sit it in front of your set for maximum realism?

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
How's the sound?
With that kind of hardware, I want Ground-stomping, house-shaking BASS when I walk :).
Mike

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
There was a guy on another forum saying he was going to buy a 27" HDTV and build a plywood 'cockpit' just for steel battalion. Sort of like an arcade game I guess. To each his own...

David Glenn

Second Unit
As much as I'd like to pick this up, I'm just not yet convinced. I'll wait to hear more feedback from you guys. Besides, I'm already spread too thin with Ghost Recon, Unreal, MechAssault and Splinter Cell.
In addition, I just dropped $5,000 on a new RPTV and B&W speakers (still waiting for arrival on the B&Ws). I'm also saving for a new SVS sub.
Check out my current HT and xbox shrine:
look for the post by user "dgc".
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...&pagenumber=12

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Is it me or is 16:9 support something that should be expected on a $200 title ?

DwightK

Second Unit
No, not that, Trying to justify not having pre-ordered it, as I would have bought it today in a second. Oh...wait. You meant someone else? oops.

I can't imagine anyone pay er...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No, I'm still sitting in the mystery zone of "has it shipped" which means Monday at the earliest. If I don't have satisfaction by Tuesday, I'm cancelling it and getting in on the Dec 2 EB and not saving the $50

EdR

Second Unit
And some of us do play consoles at work sometimes...on DLP projectors to boot!
This is exactly how I got hooked, I borrowed the projector from work after trying it out with our Xbox.

Once I let that thing in my house, it was all over. A month later I had my own projector.

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I think y'all who don't have it are just trying to talk yourself out of buying it. Stop it! Go buy it now! It's definitely a piece of gaming history and pretty darn cool to boot! :D
I have way way too many games to play! oy! Haven't even booted up my PS2 in a while - need to do that tonight!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
WHOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
SHIPPING NOTICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@#%#$@# sitting in Portland Oregon tho :frowning: Stupid UPS not running on weekends

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks