What's new

Steel Battalion out yet? (1 Viewer)

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
Called my local software etc, was told it would be coming in tomorrow. Gives me another day to figure out where I'm gonna put the controller.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
So out with the details already :D Is it 16x9 or 4x3? How quickly are you picking up the controls? What are the levels/gameplay/objectives like?

Scott Falkler

Second Unit
As far as I can tell it's psuedo 16:9 (but actually 4:3)
The controls are going to take alot of getting used to considering the left stick/right stick/pedals/shifter combination you have to perform.
I would rather not give away any objectives, you understand...
Kelley, where did you order yours from and what are you doing tomorrow? :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
What's the feel like on the sticks? More like virtua on or a flight sim? How many buttons are lit/flashing at any one time?

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Jeff has your card been charged yet?

Scott ordered from ebgames.com hopefully i'll be playing SB!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No idea if it's been charged yet. I can't check either their website is down, and I"m not going to sit on hold
I'd rather harass the retailer :)

Scott Falkler

Second Unit
The left joystick is left/right only for turning the mech, and the right joystick is very stiff, which is used for aiming your targeting system (guns).
On the left joystick there is an analog thumb stick (for looking around).
On the right there is a trigger for firing your gun, and two thumb buttons, one for locking on and one for your main weapon.
Not too many lights are usually on at once.
If you get hit hard, they all flash, however.
The startup sequence is done by following which buttons are lit.
You can use a few of the buttons to switch weapons and reload.
They aren't just for decotation, each on actually does something. There are communication buttons as well as a dial for tuning in your comms.
As for the pedals (there are three) the left one is a sidestep, the middle is the brake, and the right is the accelerator(duh!). They have a nice solid feel.
When unpacked the controller comes in three parts that feel kind of flimsy, but once it's put together it feels solid. (I have used it on my lap with no flexing problems.)
Here's a tip: the tool for putting the parts together is stored on the bottom of the middle controller piece!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Well I got my tracking number and am now patiently(yeah right!) waiting on FedEx to get their butts here to my work and drop off my copy of SB.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Hes got it at work.:D
So true....everyone has been coming by to see the box. Whats even funnier is that our board of directors and CEO are here today in my building for meetings and my office is right next door to the meeting room. Good thing I leave the door shut.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
And some of us do play consoles at work sometimes...on DLP projectors to boot!
Ah, but I know Kelley and the last thing he can do at work is play a console. (Satan, aka his boss, would never allow him.:D). Now hes forced to stare at that grandiose box all day whilst it teases him to be played. The life of an addicted gamer, a sad plight to be in I assure you..
No console gaming at my job either, but we do watch DVD's on the plasma:D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks