What's new

Status change for "Independence Day [Blu-ray]" 12/4/07 Release? (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
lol, we need more of your translations when it comes to these announcements =P. would luv to see one for Disney's POTC replacement issue.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Hope it was fixed:rolleyes:and not a rush job to bolster blu-ray 2007 year end purchases.

A great treat and a thank you to Fox if it is fixed!:)

Paul

Gary Murrell

Supporting Actor

if the truth that is a awesome thing of them to do and I have no problem with it at all

lets hope they do the same when they QC the James Bond releases, Goldeneye, Octopussy, View To a Kill etc. etc. ;)

but so far yes I agree, Fox is the joke of either format save for DTS Master, which they mananged to screw up on Die Hard 2 :frowning:

-Gary

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
The credibility of the latest e-mails from Amazon are becoming dubious:rolleyes:at best. Don't know if this is an Amazon problem or a distribution one, but yesterday's latest e-mail about my pre-order of "Independence Day" (Blu-ray) now states the change:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am so ready for ID4 to become available on HDM. It is one of my must haves and it should have a DTS-HD MA track since it is a Fox release. And since I am saving for a new Denon receiver it would be awsume for ID4 to be a 7.1 DTS-HD MA title. ;)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Once again, a bare bones $30 kick in the ass from FOX! I know how can they double dip if we get it the first time!

ZackR

Supporting Actor
This is disappointing. I am about to jump into Blu Ray and was looking forward to this...hoping it would have at least both versions of the film as on the Five-Star DVD. :frowning:

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
While it isn't porting over all bonus content, the release is not totally bare bones.

Disc Features:
• 2 Scene Specific Commentaries: Director Roland Emerich and Producer Dean Devlin / Oscar-Winning FX supervisors Volker Engel and Doug Smith
• 4 Theatrical Trailers

HD Exclusive Content:
• Interactive Game: "Alien Scavenger Hunt" (BD-Java)
• Trivia Track
• Search Content
• Personal Scene Selections

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
here are some screencaps from the EU release of the id4 blu-ray:
ID1.1.png - Uploader v6
ID1.2.png - Uploader v6
ID1.3.png - Uploader v6
ID1.4.png - Uploader v6

unfortunately, it's not as sharp as new titles, but that'd cost $. so it's still HD, just not as sharp it could have been. i KNOW for sure a lot of catalog titles will be double dipped with "REMASTERED IN FULLHD 1080p" later on for sure! lol.

the only studio that isn't doing that as much is WB =).

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
From what I've seen in the screenshots posted here and over at AVS this title really doesn't look that much better than the DVD. That combined with the lack of extras and I don't know if I'll be picking this one up after all. :frowning:

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

The D-VHS version was good, but not great. I think it's a matter of source material and many catalog titles are not going to look like brand new titles.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
I'm seeing this listed as 153 minutes. Special edition version? Amazing. I thought this was going to be another crap theatrical only release I'd have to avoid. I wonder which version of Commando is in the works.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
So far IMHO Fox has not put out a disapointing Blu-ray as far as I am concerned. While I have not purchased every title from them I still feel that Fox does a great job at HD. While yes they have had some postponed titles, they still have put out Blu-ray's with very good video quality. And Fox is the only one that puts out DTS-HD MA and D-Box motion code on there Blu-ray's. And in my honest opinion that makes Fox the cutting edge studio where HD is concerned. I will be getting I Robot, Ice Age and Independence Day both next month. I am also looking forward to getting the Alien Quadrilogy on Blu-ray in the near future, hopefully before the end of 2009 or 2010.

I would love to give Fox a big :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup: for there HD releases, even if others here do not agree!

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Dave,

That is quite the compliment!:eek:

May I suggest that you use the word "best", or something similar, instead of "cutting edge"?:rolleyes

IMO, where HD is concerned, a "Cutting edge" studio would be close to perfection, if not perfection.:confused:

For Lossless audio, I thought DTS-HD MA is no better than DD-TrueHD-without-DialNorm, but it does eliminate the the constant concern or worry:crazy: if DN is applied on any or all of the studios discs since it is not a mandatory part of the specification.

And IMHO of course, the description of "cutting edge" studio for 1080P video resolution should be reserved for comparing the displayed video picture as a result of the referenced film with those of the same caliber and film stock, using the best film transfer technics available, restoration equipment & talents if applicable and - cost not being a factor of the technology used for transfer or display, on any digital HDM reproduction format. I don't believe any studio has reached that level to date.:rolleyes

Don't know what D-Box motion code is?

Paul

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Hey Paul,

I just feel that over all Fox is a cutting edge studio if you look at everything they offer in there HD releases. But I do agree that there is most likely very little or no difference between DTS-HD MA and Uncompressed PC and Dolby True HD. I have never been a big fan of Dolby Digital and DD+ is ok but Dolby True HD is wow in my book. As long as HD titles offer a lossless track I am sound as a pound. ;) :laugh:

All DTS-HD MA
Well done 1080p video
D-Box Motion Code

D-Box motion code Web Site
D-BOX Motion Code system ::: LIVE the ACTION

It basically is a product that sits under your chair or sofa and creates the sensation of movement. It can shake the sofa or tilt it back or forward. The titles with D-Box motion code include a code that is done frame by frame I believe to add to the exserience of the movie. I do not have it and I exsperienced it at the 04 CES show. It seems like a really cool thing to have allthough I would agree that not very many people are going to rush out and buy it.

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Fox has just delayed another two Blu-ray releases here in the UK (making this the fourth time they've been given a release date, and then postponed). They really should get their act together. It's becoming a joke!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks