What's new

Stargate SG-1 thinpak repackaging (1 Viewer)

Blair G

Second Unit
Real Name
Blair G.
All I ask for is consistency in the packaging for the whole series.

Yes, the current sets are bulky but they look good IMHO.

I don't have season 8 yet but will make sure I get the large version before it is (I assume) eventually replaced by the thin packs.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Don't forget, the Eighth Season Slimpack should have the correct disk for the set, the Threads episode.

Blair G

Second Unit
Real Name
Blair G.
Can someone please explain the Threads episode and the Gold Stickers?

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I can confirm my new S8 slimpak has the hourlong Threads. Popped it in to check.

Can't wait to dig into this series.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Okay, I've now seen the new thinpak packaging...and I want it! I have eight seasons taking up a lot of room on my shelves, and something's gotta go soon!

Any word on if and how we can get a hold of this packaging for our already purchased sets?

Gord? Anyone?

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Has anyone had any trouble finding all the 8 seasons in the thin packs? Maybe its because I live in a small city but they are getting hard to come by.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I'm working on convincing Fox to make the slim packaging available to us. It's going slow right now because the Fox people have just gotten all the MGM titles, and they're trying to look at what Sony/MGM had on the schedule and determine what needs to be done to keep those titles on track, and this isn't the top of their list of things to do. I'm politely prodding them, since there isn't a real rush on this (compared to them getting some of these other sets out). Don't worry, this isn't something I'll give up on; I need the shelf space!!

As for people that want large sets for seasons 9 and 10.... it's not going to happen. We can push for slim sets because the packaging already exists and is being sold at retail. They aren't going to pay a designer to create larger box art for the small group of people that would pay to get it; it doesn't make financial sense for them to do it. Your best bet is to hope a Stargate fan creates something you can use.

Gord

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Gord or Dave know if MGM plans on releasing future sets in the Thinkpak design since Sony handled the Seasons 1-8 repackaging and now with MGM switching distributors away from Sony.

Scott-L

Agent
Gord,

On a related topic, have you asked the studios if they plan to offer the slimmer packaging to those of us that already have The X-Files and Buffy The Vampire Slayer (and Angel) sets?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Yes, future sets will be thin packs, which is another reason why lots of people will want the slim packaging to replace their big boxes. Very few sets are released in Amaray cases anymore (though Showtime seems to like them now - grrr!).

Gord

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Nope, I haven't asked them about that. It's a good idea to take things one step at a time. If they see a good response from the Stargate program then maybe they'd consider offering it for other titles.

X-Files would be an issue since the disc count of the slim sets is (usually) 1 less than the previous sets.

Gord

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Shame on Showtime. By the way, does the Season 8 Thinpack contain the corrected Threads 90 minute episode? I'd like to know about this before I splurge and go and buy it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Per Andrew above:

I need to get around to buying it. It's been so long since I've seen any Stargate, I may be totally lost.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator

That's very encouraging news, but please do not forget about the foreign fans. As for myself, I live in Germany but would LOVE to replace my seasons 1-6 with slimpaks (7 & 8 I already bought that way).

Would be a shame if people like myself would be excluded from any exchange-possibility...

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Sorry Alex, but you probably WILL be excluded. Region 1 is US/Canada, and the studios can't be expected to support sets that are sold outside that region.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks