What's new

Stargate SG-1 Season 8 on 10/4 (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Have you tried emailing SOny's customer support and ask them if it's okay to send in a photocopy of the POP instead of destroying the insert that comes with it?

Al_D

Stunt Coordinator
I just sent mine in. I sent in the form as asked, and the proof of purchase from the front insert. I am hoping for the best. I know the discs are technically not defective, but I do not feel that I should have to pay to send the entire item back. It was their quality assurance mistake and not mine. I did not have to pay a cent to send back the Universal Back to the Future discs. If I am denied the replacement then I will fight it out later. I should not have to be without the other episodes until they decide to send the replacement disc.

Bill_Nolan

Agent
I know it's way too early to expect the corrected disc, but has anyone's rebate submission shown up online as "received" yet? When I go to the checkmyrebate link, it still says they're waiting to receive my mail-in portion to be received. I sent it in about a month ago...

- Bill

John*D

Second Unit

Someone at DVDtalk said they contacted the rebate company and were told that the Submissions weren't even going to be acknowlegded for 4-6 weeks from when they were sent in.

So I would assume not to expect any update to the rebate status until after that time has past.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
My tracking page now says:

Rebate Details

Tracking No. XXXXXXX (hidden for privacy)

Date Posted 11/18/2005 10:32:00 PM

Date Processed 12/12/2005

Date Shipped

Thank you for using our Rebate Tracking System.

Your STARGATE REPLACEMENT DVD offer was received on 11/18/2005, processed on 12/12/2005 and is Pending Final Audit.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
What did you send in? The completed form and the proof of purchase only? I forgot this was on a time limit, so I need to get in gear if I'm going to do it.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

I sent the completed web rebate form, the POP from the Disc 5 case insert, the UPC barcode from the outside of the Disc 5 artwork (upper right-hand corner of the back of the cover art), and a photocopy of my original receipt from Amazon.com...all of which were indicated as being required submissions.

Al_D

Stunt Coordinator
I received my replacement disc today. It came in a new case with insert. I only sent in the proof of purchase cut from the insert and a copy of the form and receipt.

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Okay. I have to say I'm feeling a bit frustrated, as I have been holding off on buying the season set waiting to hear when the set will be available with the correct version of Threads.

I am not willing to go through the B.S. of sending in for a replacement disc.

I'm sorry but I really resent this sort of completely inexcusable low grade quality control! :angry:

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Mine arrived in this morning's mail. It is indeed a full new disc, with new keep case, insert, and outer artwork.

I haven't watched or listened to any of it yet..

Mine was a floater, but I don't see any scratches, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
So what the hell is going on here? There's a deadline if you want the full length episode? You can only have it if you pay full price for the set early on, if not, screw you?? Or are they going to start including it in the sets like it should have been? I don't see how it's fair to deny late buyers that episode replacement.

Also, are there problems with previous Stargate season sets? I read somewhere about a particular disc of season 7(?) not working properly or something??

NeilO

Senior HTF Member

It seems there is no definitive information about whether the set will be availble with the correct version of Threads in the near future.

The rebate site says we have until the end of the year to purchase the incorrect version. What to do?

Neil

John*D

Second Unit
Some on the DVDtalk and SCIFI.com SG-1 boards have said they have received Season 8 sets w/ the uncut Threads, so SONY must have rePRESSED the set and have already been releasing them to retailers.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Well that would have been handy to know that they were going to do this. If it is indeed true. I just bought season 8 at the big DDD sale. I haven't taken a close look at it yet, but I would say odds are I have the cut version.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It is good to know that they have been releasing to retailers, but is there any way to know if it is the new version before buying it?

By the way, Ric, someone at the DVDTalk forum said he got the unedited Threads from the big DDD sale, so you might be in luck.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks