What's new

Stargate SG-1 New season (1 Viewer)

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I think it's going to become a running gag - Baal (one of his clones) being in an episode every now and then and having said clone die at the end of the episode.....

Well, the group ALMOST argued in "Off The Grid" with Mitchell getting the group in trouble and him calling Carter "Marry Poppins", but it's still a far cry from the arguments that Jack and Daniel had.

It's still an entertaining hour of TV, but its clearly past its prime. I hope they'll bring back RDA at least a couple of times before the show packs it in....

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I'm still enjoying the show. Granted, it's not as good as when O'Neill is there, but still very entertaining.

This past episode was OK. Not too interested in having Ba'al being a threat again. I'm much more interested in learning more about the Ori and the eminent war with us and the ancient coming in to assist.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The nice thing about the show is that they can stir a couple of different pots while not losing the running thread of the show. The new cast has really gelled and I'm excited about having Claudia Black on hand as a cast member for next season. There is just something about the way Vala rubs Dr. Jackson that I find endlessly fascinating... they have great chemistry. Cameron has managed to become a new leader, one who listens more but still leads and not duplicate RDA's path, which is extremely difficult to do coming in so late in a developed show's life.

I really don't care much for the Ori storyline. I guess, maybe it's because the true bad guys haven't really had any face time, but I'm sure TPTB will give us an exciting season finale in a few weeks time.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i think the ori thing is leading somewhere with the the angelic ancients vs. devil ancients and anubis will have something to do with everything by the end =). it'll be fun, that's for sure.

with claudia coming onboard, i'm sure the SG1 writers will think of Farscape gags/inside jokes that will be in the running =).

i think they've really hit the jackpot in terms of franchises. the stories are so rich that even SGA can enjoy the same fringe benefits. it's what Star Trek should have been doing all along, but. ah well. that's another thread for another time.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
The past two weeks have been nothing more than filler standard sci fi stories, but this week's looks good. Vala (Claudia Black) returns!

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
kyle,

i believe they mentioned that the "apolypse" is coming. that means season finale thread is starting soon. ep19-22 will be biggies =).

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
YiFeng, we know you already saw the finale...but dude, stop hyping it up for us. It better be as good as you keep saying it is. :D

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
it's sooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOd good.

i wish SGA was available in HD&5.1 cause there's some nice flybys in finale. make sure you turn the bass on =).

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Good episode last night. Some nice character growth by Vala, and some nice dancing by her to keep herself alive.

Course, now this is the second time that Claudia Black has ended up pregnant in a show...

Jason

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
I hope this doesn't come across as a stupid question but i haven't watched SG1 for a while. What happened to Richard Dean Anderson?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
He was ready to exit the show so they gradually phased him out at the expense of another character, General Hammond (who was promoted to oversee all Stargate operations). O'Neill was promoted to General and given command of the SGC. At the end of the eighth season, he passed on coming back, so command of the SGC passed to a new character, Gen. Hank Landry, played by Beau Bridges and the hole on SG-1 that had lingered all throughout S8 was filled by Farscape's Ben Browder as Col. Cameron Mitchell.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
so what do people think of s9 finale? i thought it was on par with s8-s9 =). it's definitely got that grand epic-scale, although i felt it was very rushed. yesh you heard throw-away catchphrases and loosely-based around central theme episodes. i just thought that we hear about ori in first half of s9 and then they disappear for about 1/2 season of s9 and then slowly crept back. do you think they'll keep this ori thing for s10? i hope they drop it. i don't think they're as effective as anubis or gh'ould.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

They pop out of the supergate and destroy all the ships there to fight them ...

Yeah they are a threat to contend with ... and it leaves us with that ... "How are they going to get out of that one?" feeling.

Fun ride and how they figure it out will be all the fun. Fighting ancients ... the stakes go up.

Did they lose both the earth ships in that battle? Did they beam to safety aboard the Asgard ship?

Just didn't like the fact that big ships blow up so easily ... and the death toll per ship ...

Regards

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Crap! My dvr didn't record anything this Friday. Was that the season finale??? :angry: :angry:

Anyone know if Sci-fi is re-running this episode?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

It should be rerun sometime this summer. Generally, season finales are the last episode aired before the new season starts.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I thought it was the Odyssey that went up in flames since no major characters were on that ship.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Sam was on board the Odyssey, Daniel was aboard the Korolev with Teal'c commanding one of the Lucian Alliance ships and Cam was piloting a 302.

The spoilers are pretty clear on who ends up where.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks