What's new

Stargate Season 9 (1 Viewer)

Eric F

Screenwriter
I'm not sure I even want to bother anymore, now that plans have been discussed for possible Blue-Ray releases.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Excellent news! I thought Browder and Black were great additions to the show and it got a bit of a spark and some new life in s9. I can't wait to grab s9 and look forward to SG:Atlantis' s2 release as well.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
S8 is where i stopped collecting.. S9 was up and down and now S10 is kinda shakey so far. I agree that Browder and Black have helped keeping it from being a total loss but it's just not the same without RDA! I think S8 had the perfect ending for the series. I wish they had stopped there. But S9 should be a nice set if you like it supposedly alot of extras/commentary.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Well, just because Blu Ray sets might be coming doesn't mean that MGM is going to stop releasing the future sets on standard DVD's.

david_hu

Stunt Coordinator
Just purchased the Australian R4 set of season nine of stargate AND it is in the old 'fat' packaging. This, I suspect, will be a limited run before the new slimline sets of all seasons come out. Diehards and perfectionists who want their sets to match may want to order the OZ versions before they run out.
At least you'll have right packaging and can put the Region one discs in them. A double puchase, I know, but some people will pay to have their sets match.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
They also parody The Wizard of Oz (along with Star Trek and Farscape) in the wacky 200th episode guest-starring Richard Dean Anderson, premiering on the Sci-Fi Channel this Friday! :laugh: I'm getting that feel of Deja-Type....like I've written this post somewhere before.....

....it was in that other Stargate topic yesterday! ;)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
They're still working on it.

This isn't an easy task for Fox; they're still looking at the library of MGM titles they inherited, and working hard to keep the scheduled sets (like Stargate and Addams Family) on track for their releases. Something like this isn't an immediate priority for them, but they assure me they're still working on it. We don't need the replacement sets right when season 9 comes out, do we? Sure, it'd be nice, but they can start the slim packaging thing whenever they want, though a flyer in season 9 would make the most sense.

Gord

Eric F

Screenwriter
Hey, I just got an old S8 set as a gift from a friend and it has the short version of Threads on it. Unfortunately I don't have the receipt. Would there be any way to get the new version?

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
It's great that they're at least considering allowing people to purchase the slim packaging for already purchased sets. Assuming it's reasonably priced, I would jump on the slim packaging immediately. I could use the reclaimed shelf space.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks