What's new

Stargate Atlantis Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I'm still watching...whenever my damn DVR feels like working. I've missed a few episodes. The last one I saw was the one with Taila taking control over the Wraith Queen's mind.

I'm not sure I'm liking this Taila being pregnant storyline but I assume it's because the actress playing the role is pregnant in real life?

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I seem to enjoy this series more on DVD than the way it's aired on SCI-FI channel. Part of this is probably due to the fact that on my cable system SCI-FI is only available as an analog channel ... so it really looks fuzzy -- especially compared to the digital and HD channels. The show actually looks better on my iPhone (via an iTunes purchase) than it does on my HDTV via the cable! All I know is that I initially wasn't very impressed with this show's third season ... until I viewed the DVD set!

Since I don't want to purchase all the eps twice (once via iTunes, and then again on DVD) I'm probably just going to wait on the fourth Season DVDs at this point.

Valerie G.

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else looking forward to tonights new ep? I am! :)

I thought last weeks episode was pretty entertaining, especially the painting they showed at the end. LOL!! And I thought the episode before that one, (Quarantine) was outstanding. Had some funny stuff!

So, does anyone have an opinion about the episodes that take place on earth? Love 'em, or.....not? Looks like tonights episode might be one that's on earth. I can't help it, I always think it is awesome to see them go through the Atlantis gate and come out of the gate in the SGC. :D

-Valerie

An Official Team Stargate Member

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Last weeks was interesting too in the way it had only 2 of the cast members, Shephard and McKay. Not even any other jumps to Atlantis to see what the others were doing.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
The episodes that take place on Earth, while entertaining in their own right, take away from the main story line of what is happening in the Pegasus Galaxy. I think the Earth based stories, along with "Quarentine" (the ultimate bottle episode), are just money saving measures. The episodes leading up to the destruction of the Replicator home planet must have strained the SFX budget.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
It wasn't convincing to me that two of the brightest minds on earth couldn't figure out how to get out of that room. I give the Doctor credit for knowing the bar trick, but they generally played her as a bumpkin with common people knowledge. That didn't work for me since everyone in that room is probably smarter than over 99% of the people watching. The doctor is a MD working for Stargate Command, for goodness sake.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Well, if it wasn't possible then their intelligence wouldn't really help, would it?

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
You also have to realize that Carter and McKay are used to using advanced technology- computers, beaming technology- basically, power. I think the episode did a reasonably good job of taking that away from them, and forcing them to 'backward think' a little.

Now, it did stretch the imagination a bit when McKay and Carter didn't instantly grasp what Keller was proposing as soon as she was putting two pieces together, but, it is a show, after all.

As a guy, I did like the whole 'bribery' exchange between McKay and Carter. It certainly would have gotten my attention at that age! :)

And I'm not surprised that Amanda has moved on. Given that she's played Carter for 11 years now and that Sanctuary has been picked up as a show, it makes sense to make the jump. If Ark of Truth and Continuum do well enough, there will more opportunities to play Carter (not counting the occasional Atlantis ep.). Best to try to create another long-lasting character.

I'd actually wondered when Atlantis was picked up if she was going to re-up, given that the reason she was moved to Atlantis was that she was still under contract for another year, which they decided to exercise.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Well after a couple of lackluster budget saving episodes SA is back on target again. The Ronan and Teal'c pairing was a special treat.

Arild

Supporting Actor
No. It just means they'll have to go back to traveling back and forth by ship, or using the ZPM (which is what they were hoping to avoid by building the gate bridge in the first place).

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

Loved the episode! Hope somewhere in the future we see them team up again.

I would think they would rebuild it, fairly quickly. The hardest part would be to pick up 2 extra gates somewhere (as everything else is still in place). Now, the big question would be do they simply rebuild, or turn Midway into more of an actual base with defenses and such.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
I wasn't expecting much for this episode but I thought it was one of the best this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks