What's new

Stargate Atlantis Season 3 (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
not a lot of stargate fans on HTF i gather?

i didn't like it much. i think SGA kinda' lost its direction this season. 2 was the strongest season, but 3 was everywhere and ended nowhere. maybe it's on purpose since they had a lot on their plates... but i think SGA has a lot of potential... =).

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I liked it. Although I'm getting a little tired of these frigging cliffhanger finales, I thought the end was suspenseful and will keep me intrigued to find out how they'll get out of this one (and find out if anyone else dies).

September then for the next season? I don't know if that's a good idea for the show's ratings. It's going to have a lot of competition from the networks.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

The orbital nuking of the planet was chilling in a certain way.

While I still think the show lost its focus this season ... I am more than willing to let them get back on track again.

So did Tori know that this was likely her last show by this time?

Regards

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

You're probably thinking of the whale episode where they had to evacuate the planet in response to the solar flare. I don't remember anything after that so it's probably safe to assume that they brought the Ethosians back and that they were left there on the planet when Atlantis took off.

The only reason question would be whether or not they had a Stargate at their disposal. The replicators wouldn't be interested in them and they were probably pretty self-reliant, but before the SGA team arrived in the Pegasys galaxy, they did use the stargate to go places to trade, so hopefully there was some kind of 'backup gate' on the Ethosians' continent.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Joe Mallozzi was asked this very question in his blog just the other day, and he reminded the person who asked that the Athosians were forced to leave when the Ancients re-claimed the city in the mid-season two-parter.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Why are they removing/minimalizing Dr. Wier's character? Is this another bone-headed decision by TPTB, (like they did with Carson Beckett), or is this by Torri's choice?

Arild

Supporting Actor
I believe it was a producer/writer decision, but we have not been given any reason whatsoever.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i say good riddance, her character just isn't interesting. i wish the blonde played her.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I missed the season finale. Did they have her leaving on the last episode?
I think that really sucks for Tori. Talk about crappy.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
the season finale was pretty good technically, the FX were pretty cool. the sound design on both stargates are usually the BEST sound i hear from any TV series. i don't get why producers don't spend just a bit more to make us HT nuts more enjoyable @home. but stargate's audio is pretty amazing.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Well they did show her getting very peeved about the military always usurping her authority in a crisis, not Sheppard, but outside military and the IOA. Maybe that will be "the reason behind her leaving".

Arild

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking that maybe getting an Atlantis windowload of glass in her face may influence her in some was as well. We'll see in September...

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member

It's available for download at iTunes ($1.99).

(BTW, in case you didn't know, you don't need an iPod, iPhone, or Apple TV box to view iTunes TV episodes. You just need the iTunes software-- which is available for Windows XP, Vista, and Macs as a free download at the Apple site.)

I missed the mid-season cliffhanger and caught it on iTunes. I was really surprised at how good it looked on my PC. You will probably get a few dropped frame rates, though, if you don't have at least a 2.5 GHz single processor PC. The video looks nice and smooth on a dual core processor and/or 64 bit AMD processor-driven PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks