What's new

Stargate Atlantis Season 3 (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
My immediate thought from the beginning of the episode was "Mudd's Women". This episode was very much in line with what Henry Mudd would get himself involved with.

Jason

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I enjoyed it a lot. Especially the frustration that Sheppard and McKay were the only ones still sane, and then Lucius gets to McKay as well.

Richard Kind is always great. He reminds me of what Fozzie the Bear would look like as a human.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
except Mudd's women wouldn't say "all at the same time", that was more on a preverse side than titillating since he's basically emotionally influencing and thereby it is a sort of a "date rape" drug. i think it is creepier than you guys are giving it credit for.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

I'll grant you that Atlantis is tackling these issues more than SG1 is ---now. But there are numerous instances where SG1 has tackled moral/ethical issues - "The Other Side", "Scorched Earth", and "Menace" easily come to mind. The writers for SG1 have simply succumbed to an overwhelming storyline and have sacrificed a lot of drama for action.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
What did you guys think of the crossover episode? I liked how they took down an Ori spaceship by blowing up a Wraith hive ship. :D

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Too bad the only reference in the following SGA episode was Rodney mentioning that the gate linking was Sam's idea.

So what's the deal with linking gates? Is it for a puddle jumper ... gateship to get to earth faster? Obviously manned travel would not work ...

That seems like the only continuing idea from this episode ...

Regards

Rick Guynn

Second Unit

Well, manned would work, if they placed the gates on habitable planets. But this way, they don;t have to have a local DHD, they can just use the unit on the jumper. And it's not really so much linking gates as making a bunch of sequential gate jumps.

RG

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
They couldn't put the gates on planets because there are no planets in the void.

I imagine what they are planning is to use the jumpers dialing capabilities to jump through the void and at the first location possible jump to a planet and then to earth. Didn't they say it would save draining the ZPM and be quicker then using a starship.

It would also result in a shorter return trip back to Atlantis because they could also gate home.

Rick Guynn

Second Unit

True. The impression that I got was that they were going to need a number of gates placed in the void, as it is too wide to cross with a single gate. ANd as you pointed out, one they getinto the milky way, they just use one of the local gates to jump to Earth.

RG

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Episode 4 ...

A good episode with more backstory for Ronin. The Hive ship did not have a female running it. Do they always have to be hive ships? What about the support ships that follow the carrier groups?

Are the Wraith turning into Jaffa ... gettings dispatched rather quickly ... to serve the story.

Still enjoyable ... but moving toward SG1 in some ways.

Any item from this story that would service future story lines?

Regards

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i loved ronin's eps. we know so very little about his back story. i'm glad we flesh it out some more.

i just LOVED the bit at the end, ron continues to be my fav. Stargate and possibly one of my fav. TV characters ever (bested only by XF). there's something VERY VERY human about how he views the universe. "what're you, rambo now?" those 2 have great chemistry. i think SGA's cast has great chemistry and the interactions are just very solid.

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
"Sateda"

This episode was CRAZY, but I mean that in the very best way. I heard this had some great action sequences, and man, they weren't kidding. It was nice to see how Ronan became so jaded and angry, and that he used to be a nicer guy. Maybe he'll be less of a renegade in the future.

Rating: 9/10

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
that would emasculate him. we need a thoroughbred badass on SGA. i think that's why they brought him in and released Ford into the wild. but then again, i wanna' see where Ford is as well =). that's one thread spun that isn't reopened yet... or... is he totally dead? we'll never know. i hate that about a lot of current SF. they're never completely dead.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
re: progeny

am i to take it that the creators of Stargate are saying the Ancients created all replicators... OR repliactors in the pegasus galaxy ONLY? i'm a bit confused.

meanwhile, rodney continues to be my fav. character. there's just somn to like about all these characters' interactions.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yep, just Pegasus Galaxy.

They are simply the same "kind" of creation/life form that followed a similar evolution, so the SG Atlantis folks refer to them using their experience with their replicators as a frame of reference.

Didn't the replicators that the Asgard and SG-Earth had to deal with originate as a creation/toy of some young person? I'm kinda foggy on the episode that dealt with that.

Arild

Supporting Actor
The original "bug" replicators were created by an android named Reese as toys. After she was killed, the replicators found and studied her, and the next time we saw them they'd created human-form replicators that were practically identical to the Azurans/Ancient Replicators.

Since we never knew who created Reese, I'm gonna assume it was either a Lantian Ancient or an Ancient Replicator, and that technical specs on the Ancient Replicators were somehow stored inside her and that this is how the bug replicators made the same kind of humanoids.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
That's not how it happened in the show. Reese was terminated by O'Neal and the remains were turned over to the Asguard for study. They discovered a homing signal in her that they used to draw all of the replicators to a planet where they hoped to trap them in a time dilation.

I could be wrong but I don't believe they ever mentioned that her body was actually on the planet.

Arild

Supporting Actor
It was. The replicators found her and only then did they "evolve" to human form.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
ah... i remember that ep now =).

but the crew of SGA remembers every single experience every SG team has ever been on? sheesh, that's a lot.

anyway...
so, it sounds like these replicators are of ancient origins no matter which galaxy, yes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks