What's new

Stargate Atlantis - Season 1 Boxed Set on 11/15/05! (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Lee J, if I were a relatively new viewer I would be confused by what you just said. I'm a huge fan of the Stargate SG-1 series and you even confused me with all of that timeline crap. Who cares about when certain episodes happened.

Why?

Fans of either show aren't going to keep popping in disk after disk to make sure that they are watching Stargate SG-1 simultaneously with STargate Atlantis in their proper chronological timeline. They are going to watch Season 8 of STargate all the way through and then watch Stargate Atlantis all the way through.

** spins around in a dazed state over the chronology/scdrewed up timeline he just read **

John*D

Second Unit
I have a multi-disc player so I will watch the 2 part opener of SG-1 and then the pilot for Atlantis...

...then go back to SG-1 and so on and so fourth.

:emoji_thumbsup: It'll be like my own personal SCIfi-FRIDAY

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I know. I just wanted to mess with your minds.

Truth be told, I don't know how close of attention the shows's creative staffs pay to this stuff. You all are right - just watch the episodes on through on one season, than on the other, and if you have chronological questions, let the diehard fans know. :D

Arild

Supporting Actor
But the poster who asked the question is not someone who "just want to get Stargate Atlantis". He has clearly been watching SG-1 before and wanted to know where Atlantis came in. For someone who is already watching SG-1, watching it chronologically would be more important than for someone who just wants to start fresh with Atlantis. One can't just pick it up at any point during SG-1 and expect it to make sense.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but if they were on a limited budget and could only pick up one season they wouldn't neccessarily need to buy Stargate SG-1 if they wanted to get Stargate Atlantis first.:D

As for me, luckily they are released 30 days apart from each other.:D

Arild

Supporting Actor
Heh... How would you even know? Didn't you say you've only seen the pilot? :p) :D

Adam*M

Stunt Coordinator
On my site, we have an episode guide for both shows, including the original air dates. You could use that as a guide for viewing the two shows.

In fact, maybe I should make up a special page just for this purpose...

My site is here.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Looks like Target is going to carry Season 1 of Stargate Atlantis Season 1 at $44.95, which is their normal retail price for the set. Expect the set to sell for around $39.95.

LCD22

Screenwriter
I have a couple of questions concerning "Stargate: Atlantis" and "Stargate SG-1". I rented the single-disc "Stargate: Atlantis - Rising" last year, and I noticed they removed the breaks for commercials on the pilot. Just when you know they were going to fade-out, it wasn't there. It was jarring, IMHO. Not having any of the "Stargate" series on DVD, I don't know if this is something they do on their season sets. I did recently purchased "Stargate SG-1" Season 2 and Season 6, and they haven't arrived yet. Season 6 had two different opening credits when they originally aired. The second one is the one you see in reruns on the SCI-FI channel. The first one (which was only suppose to be temporary) just goes around the Stargate with the credits. Are both opening credits on the Season 6 set? Hopefully the two seasons I bought (and Season 1 of "Stargate: Atlantis") are from the original broadcasts.

Arild

Supporting Actor
I believe the first two eps of season 6 retain the "temp" credits sequence. At least that is the case with the region 2 release.

As for the lack of fade-outs at the act breaks, this wasn't done specifically for the DVDs - it is how the show has always aired internationally (as well as in the US back when it was on Showtime). Most of the time it is not as jarring as in the Atlantis pilot, and very often you won't be able to tell where the commercial breaks were at all. Makes the show flow a lot smoother, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks