What's new

Star Wars the TV show?.... (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I had a buddy get me a copy of the infamous Holiday Special a few months back because I wanted to see if it was really as bad as everyone was saying. Well, it wasn't just bad......it's probably the worst thing I've ever seen in my life! All the people who bitch and moan about the prequels should be forced to sit through the HS just so they can see something by Lucas that is TRULY AWFUL. ;)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have it somewhere. It truly was horrible. But, it did introduce Boba Fett...in a cartoon.

By the way. If anyone has a link to the Conan bit with Ford. Can you link to it??

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I don't think George Lucas had anything to do with the Holiday Special (besides creating the characters, planets, etc. from the movie).

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Actually I think GL was involved because I believe his name was the first one when the credits rolled(I'll have to check the disc to be sure, though). I don't know if he directed it or what his actual involvement was, but I do know that he's said he would like to hunt down every copy of that show in existence and have them all destroyed. After watching it I can totally see where he's coming from. ;)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
If the new animated show is as cool as Clone Wars, we have nothing to worry about. When I eventually do my Star Wars movie marathon, I'm setting aside two hours to include Clone Wars.

The live action show seems further off (2009? 2010?) but I remain hopeful it can be a mature show along the lines of Babylon 5 or the new Battlestar, instead of a juvenile show along the lines of the old Battlestar or Voyager.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

the style reminds of the first clone animated series but it is all cgi.
still might look fine anyway.

PatH

Second Unit
100 eps sounds like about 5 years. Can even Lucas get a guarantee of 5 years from a commercial network? Granted, fan interest will be high, but can it sustain 5 years? The suits who make these decisions care about one thing only and that's bottom line. Trek--I know it's probably poor taste to mention it in the same breath as SW:)--only lasted three seasons and Young Indiana Jones less than that and both were good shows.

PatH

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Yup. The live-action show takes place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope while The Clone Wars is the focus of the animated show.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Personally, I think it's on the backburner since alot of Lucas' focus is on the cartoon and I assume they're either working on or trying to get Redtails going too. Also, I think they also said that they wanted to write and shoot the entire season before they even sell the rights to air the show to a network.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks