What's new

Star Wars: The Clone Wars- Season Two (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It also showed that there might just be a little Anakin in Ashoka. Wouldn't it be a shock if it turns out she was Darth's apprentice between the trilogies? I wonder if there will be a point at which we will learn her fate.

Ha. I wonder if Lucas will make some prequel special editions where she is inserted?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

It also showed that there might just be a little Anakin in Ashoka. Wouldn't it be a shock if it turns out she was Darth's apprentice between the trilogies? I wonder if there will be a point at which we will learn her fate.

Ha. I wonder if Lucas will make some prequel special editions where she is inserted?
Greg, please delete your post before someone at Lucasfilm reads it!

KevinAH

Auditioning
BLAST! Now we know why the "Ultimate Edition" of Star Wars on Blu Ray is taking so long..finding places to insert Ashoka!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
In TPM:

"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to. . . ."

"Sorry to interrupt, Master Yoda, but good news! A new Jedi baby named Ahsoka was just born!"

Not sure about the timeline. She's, what, 15 in Clone Wars?

Well, you should have seen the first draft of this. I was so off, I had her being birthed during Clones.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

Not sure about the timeline. She's, what, 15 in Clone Wars?
It hasn't been said onscreen. [NERD]According to Wookieepedia, she was born 36 years before the battle of Yavin (Episode IV) which makes her 14 in the first year of the war. Lucasfilm hasn't decided exactly when these episodes take place yet. Once the series is finished, they're going to take the cartoon(s), books, comics and video games and establish a timeline for all of The Clone Wars material.[/NERD]

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Greg, for a moment i thought you were quoting DUNE! " Its is for this alone, i set my mind in motion." If i got the quote right.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, I thought this was one of the most cartoony, kidified eps they've done since the early days of S1. Seemed like pure filler. I liked the idea of the underworld, as I never figured the Jedi/Republic capital to have one; the buddy cop format and 12-year oldish villains just didn't do it for me.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR

It hasn't been said onscreen. [NERD]According to Wookieepedia, she was born 36 years before the battle of Yavin (Episode IV) which makes her 14 in the first year of the war. Lucasfilm hasn't decided exactly when these episodes take place yet. Once the series is finished, they're going to take the cartoon(s), books, comics and video games and establish a timeline for all of The Clone Wars material.[/NERD]
Yeah, it was a bit infuriating when Lucas moved Anakin's knighting up to a couple of months following AotC, instead of the original dating of around two-and-a-half years into the conflict. I'm very much looking forward to getting a final, unified chronology from LFL, once all is said and done, though it's gonna be interesting to see how they reconcile a few things from the novels and comics.

Also, there's only so far they can take Ahsoka down that new timeline before she has to move "offscreen," just before the events of Revenge of the Sith.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
This show keeps getting better and better. The latest episode The Zillo Beast Strikes Back is probably one of the best shows of the series to date, and the standard for Season 2 has been pretty good. This latest episode had everything and a homage to Godzilla and King Kong to boot.

Its going to be a long wait for Season 3. Say what you want about the prequels but the quality of this TV show bodes well for the future live action TV show IMO.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This really is a terrific show. It's often smart and gripping, in ways that shows geared for children aren't. It obviously appeals to kids, but manages to maintain a maturity too.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
"The Zillo Beast Strikes Back" was my favorite epsiode to date. The show is well-written and the action is great. I also really enjoyed the Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven homage a couple weeks ago.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
Being the Godzilla fan that I am, I totally geeked out of the two Zillo Beast episodes. Not knowing what the deal was in the first one, once Anakin and the crew were running up its back unawares and it started to move, my brain said "Kaiju!".

Thought it was interesting that it sounded a lot like the 1998 American Godzilla when it roared.

Heads up on the next ep, we get to see young Boba heading down the path to bounty-hunter-dom.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Awesome. When Ahsoka was on the wing, I was saying, "Cut off the stabilizer!" And she did! Also good to see R2 in action, and the season three tease was nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks