What's new

Star Wars: The Clone Wars- Season Three (2 Viewers)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This season has been pretty dull. They really need to get back to the clone battles. And, Friday's was apparently a prequel to the season one finale. What? I've only seen the episodes once and certainly don't remember that far back.

neli

Grip
Real Name
neli moss
Oh thanks for sharing a nice information with all of us.I will definitely watch it

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I enjoyed the most recent episode with the droids. It was nice to focus on them for a change. I also liked that everything wasn't tied up neatly at the end - their memories were wiped, the bad guys got the info they wanted, and no one was the wiser.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

This season has been pretty dull. They really need to get back to the clone battles. And, Friday's was apparently a prequel to the season one finale. What? I've only seen the episodes once and certainly don't remember that far back.

You don't really have to worry about the chronology though. In the S1 finale, Cad Bane breaks into the Senate building (using the plans that he got from R2-D2 in this week's episode) but you don't need to see him get the plans to enjoy that episode and with this week's episode, it was about Bane getting the plans rather than what he was going to do with them. It's cool when I realized where this episode fell in terms of continuity but that's more like an easter egg than something that is important to fully following the story.

I liked this week's episode (juxtaposing R2-D2 in the spa with C-3PO getting tortured made me laugh) but I do wish they'd get back to some action episodes.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It just never occured to me that this episode was anything but current events. Someone on another forum said, "I'm sick of them jumping around in the timeline." I must be a lazy viewer, because I didn't even know it had happened before or was happening during this episode!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it's been crazy this year. When they have a character or event that's supposed to give you an idea of 'when' it is, I get it but it's only because I know a frightening amount about Star Wars. Like I said though, if you never noticed it before, it goes to show that it doesn't really matter.

Off the top of my head, here's a couple examples of timeline jumping this season:

- The two episode season opener (with the untested clones training and then their participation in the battle on Kamino) is part one and three with 'Rookies' from early in S1 being part two of their story.

- The fourth episode (Sphere Of Influence with Bail Organa and Jar Jar on a diplomatic mission) chronologically introduces a Twi'lek resistance fighter character that was first seen in a few episodes near the end of the first season.

And even I needed the starwars.com episode guide to figure this one out but the chronology involving this week's episode is nuts. It goes:

- episode 216- Cat And Mouse

- 116- The Hidden Enemy

- The Clone Wars movie

- many other S1 and S2 episodes

- the Boba Fett episodes from the end of S2 (220- Death Trap, 221- R2 Come Home and 222- Lethal Trackdown)

- 307- Assassin

- 308- Evil Plans (the latest episode to air)

- 122- Hostage Crisis (the S1 finale with Cad Bane busting Ziro The Hutt out of prison)

- 309- Hunt For Ziro (the episode that airs on Friday night)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Heh. I got a real kick out of the Hutt head headwear. It's also amusing how they embrace elements some fans hate, such as musical numbers with Sy Snootles.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I have been VERY disappointed with this season. Am i the only one?

Boring, and a bit more "kid friendly" this season.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's mainly because the whole damn thing has been a flashback. Who cares to fill in those gaps? I know they have a limited number of years to work with, but I want clones and clone battles, not an extended riff on a forgettable storyline from two season ago. I did like this week's, though. I'm a sucker for swamps.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I could be wrong but Sy Snootles' song sounded like a translation of "Anything Goes" from the beginning of Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom.

Also, I'm horribly disturbed by the thought of Ziro and Sy... being intimate.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It was. There's something on the official site about it being a direct tribute to that scene.

http://starwars.com/theclonewars/guide/episode309.html

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
Originally Posted by TravisR

I have my doubts a little pea shooter blaster like that can really kill a Hutt though.

Anyone else think Sy looked more like her 1983 incarnation?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I guess the title of the episode (Heroes On Both Sides which is from a line in the opening scrawl of Revenge Of The Sith) made me think that there would finally be some action in the show but it was another talking episode. It's great that a TV show gives them time to see multiple sides of the war but c'mon, the word 'Wars' is in the title of the series twice and out of the ten episodes this year, there's been one that is action oriented. It's not like the non-action episodes have been bad but it's time to have some ass kicking.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
To me, the reasons for the war have been so poorly established that I don't even know how there could be heroes on the other side. What is their cause? All I know is that the money-oriented clans of the Republic split off on their own largely through the manipulations of Palpatine, who constructed the whole war for power. I'm all for seeing good on the other side, but neither this episode nor the episodes or movie before it have even raised the issue. Meanwhile, we know the robots from Grievous on down are heartless murderers, while the clones are compassionate and duty-oriented.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Just wake me when something happens this season!

The first 2 years of this show were great. But, this season is killing me. Boring the hell out of me. Please something happen!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

To me, the reasons for the war have been so poorly established that I don't even know how there could be heroes on the other side. What is their cause?

Many people/planets believe that the Republic is corrupt beyond hope (which is actually true) and that's how Dooku has managed to sway thousands of systems to the Confederacy's cause. They want out of the Republic because of that corruption. I guess the genocide and atrocities that General Grievous has committed are unknown to the Separatist controlled planets and he & Dooku are portrayed as freedom fighters by their media.

All that being said, this episode should have been called People Who Aren't So Bad On Both Sides because while Ahsoka got to see someone other than battle droids, Grievous or the Sith, it wasn't like there was a whole lot of heroism (for something big and operatic like Star Wars anyway).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ [sarcasm]Why? It's been so exciting this year.[/sarcasm] I'll say it again, I think it's great that they've gone deeper into the war but they need to balance the talk-y episodes with some action episodes.

For what it's worth, I think the show comes back in January with a new character (to keep it spoiler free) that should be really cool and soon after, there's a three parter about the origin of Asajj Ventress that should be pretty good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks