What's new

Star Wars: The Clone Wars- Season Three (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Glad to see the show is getting good reviews. (There's even a positive blurb in the new issue of EW about the fall TV season.) I think it's been really good. Hopefully, they will start to show more of Anakin's progression to the dark side; many feel it was too abrupt in Revenge of the Sith.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I have a feeling we may see Anakin being pulled back from the brink of the dark side at some point in the series possibly to do with Ahsoka. Would be good to see I think.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, I've been a big fan of this show myself. The major thing they're going to eventually have to deal with is Ahsoka's final fate, seeing as how Anakin no longer has an apprentice by the time Revenge of the Sith opens -- I'm sure the writers and Lucas have something of an endgame in mind, or at least a notion of what's going to happen to her, one way or the other.

Looking forward to this premiere.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Here's a thought I had about how it may play out - Anakin has visions of Ahsoka's death and consults Palpatine about it. He mentions he has had them before when his mother died and confides in him about how he reacted

Sounds obvious I know. Im sure Filoni has an idea in mind for Ahsoka and Im also sure it probably wont play out the way most will imagine it. Everyone is expecting her to die so who knows

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Maybe an epilogue or something similar will depict her surviving long enough to go on the run, once Vader and the Emperor destroy the Jedi Order -- it could very well be that she meets her end as an adult, years later, on Vader's blade.

At least, that's what I'd love to see happen. It'd add some poignancy to the whole series, finding out that she later gets hunted down and murdered by her own former master.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think that Ahsoka will mistakenly be thought killed in battle just before Episode III takes place (so it's still a piece helping to lead Anakin to the dark side) but she'll just be wounded and someone will take care of her and then Order 66 will happen. After that, she just has to hide out for the rest of her life.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, I had similar thoughts to that scenario, myself -- and I think that having Ahsoka somehow survive, grow to adulthood, but become this utterly spent, almost embittered, individual, due to having lost/deliberately suppressed her connection to the Force would be as equally powerful from a dramatic standpoint as having her killed by the Empire would be.

In fact, there was a comic book series (SW: Dark Empire) which dealt with this very issue, where Luke, Han, and Leia encounter a "fallen Jedi" (Vima-Da-Boda) who'd cast herself down among the lost and renounced her Force-powers in order to save herself from being hunted down by Darth Vader and the Empire, once the Jedi Purge started.

Seeing Ahsoka forced into this type of situation (though perhaps not 100% exactly identical) would be interesting.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I had forgotten this was starting back up. Thanks for this thread and Directv having Cartoon Network West. I was able to set the dvr to record the west coast showing at 12am. (9pm pst).

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Very good premiere episodes. Is it just me or is the animation of human facial expressions getting better? The previews for the rest of the season make it look very exciting. Let's hope it lives up to it.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Sam Favate

Very good premiere episodes. Is it just me or is the animation of human facial expressions getting better? The previews for the rest of the season make it look very exciting. Let's hope it lives up to it.

I thought so, too. Especially with Asajj Ventress. Also, the clothing seem to be flowing a lot more then they did in the earlier seasons. Was that me, or did they really work on that?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I didn't realize it was a two episode premiere and thought it was very odd none of the main characters appeared in the first half hour. Yes, the animation has been steadily getting better, including the movements and textures. For a program being produced on a TV schedule, the increase in quality is very nice to see.

The battle on Camino in the second episode especially stood out. A lot of it (shots without characters) looks close to lifelike, all things considered.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
I love this series! It's ironic the quality of the the live action movies (particularly Episodes I-III) pales in comparison to the Clone Wars animated series. At least to me.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Didn't much care for this one. I hope next week's Mandalore episode is better, though I don't think any of the Mandalore episodes have been too exciting. Mandalore is a little too Naboobish, with the queen in crazy outfits and all the talk, talk, talk about internal politics. Maybe it's because we always pictured Mandalore as Sparta, with a bunch of Bobas running around cracking heads all the time.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, this wasn't the best episode but I kinda have to give them credit for taking a risk and not showing much of the Jedi in the first 5 episodes. I think Anakin and Obi-Wan have only been the focus of one episode and I'm pretty sure that Ahsoka has only been in one episode total. That being said, I'm hoping they spend more time on the main characters soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks