What's new

Star Wars: The Clone Wars- Season One (1 Viewer)

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
I also enjoyed the first two episodes and recently caught the film as well which if you have enjoyed the TV show is in the same vein. Looking forward to future episodes.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Travis & Greg. If they can keep up the quality of the first two episodes. Then I look forward to the next 98.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Just saw the Clone Wars - hey, it didnt suck as much as the movie did. It was still pretty bad, but it wasnt like trying to eat broken glass like the movie was.

Please, for the love of god - can we get rid of the Komedy robots? Oh, and goodie - the Padawan Hooker is still hanging with Anakin. At least she didnt call him Sky-Guy.

*sigh*

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
We always set our DVR to end a minute later just to play it safe. Take a few extra seconds to program it but totally worth it in these instances.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
I missed the premier so I recorded it Sunday on Cartoon Network HD. It definitely wasn't in HD that night. It was the dreaded fish-eye stretch and looked terrible.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I hate when they do that. They used to do it on the WB. Veronica Mars would be preempted by basketball, so they'd play it late or another night and it would never be in HD.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Watched the second episode again tonight (even better the second time).

In the preview for this Friday's new ep, you can briefly see that Anakin is leading an attack against the Separatist Ion Cannon-Cruiser. Guess this means that there are some story arcs that play out over multiple episodes.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
"Clone Wars" a new star for Cartoon Network - News - Yahoo! TV

The Force was strong for Cartoon Network as "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" became the channel's most-watched series premiere ever.

The computer-animated series, from Lucasfilm Animation, averaged 4 million total viewers in its debut at 9 p.m. Friday, according to Nielsen Media Research. The previous record holder was the April 18 series premiere of "Ben 10: Alien Force," with 2.9 million total viewers.

Cartoon said the "Star Wars" spinoff ranked as the No. 1 channel among all major kids networks in the time slot among total viewers as well as in the key youth demos of kids 2-11 (1.8 million), kids 6-11 (1.4 million) and tweens 9-14 (1.2 million, the largest in the demo for any premiere telecast of an original Cartoon series).

"Clone Wars" chronicles the adventures of Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda, Ahsoka Tano and other "Star Wars" characters as they struggle against the dark side during the divisive, action-packed Clone Wars. An advance version of the series preniered in movie theaters in August.

An hour earlier on Friday, "The Secret Saturdays" premiered off with an average of 2 million viewers. "Saturdays," an animated comedy-action series created by Jay Stephens, centers on a family of world-saving adventure scientists.--Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm a little confused.
Is this an expansion on the movie? and were does it fit in with the series
from a few years ago in continuity?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The Clone Wars mini-series took place at different points in the war. Some were right at the beginning, some were in the middle and some were right before Revenge Of The Sith. I don't think the timeframe for the new series has established yet but my guess is that these new episodes are supposed to be set relatively early on in the war.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

Not sure about that last part. After all, Anakin is no longer a padawan in the new series, and you would think that after his failure at Geonosis, he wouldn't immediately be made a full Jedi.

Plus, the previous series shows the trial he faces to become a Jedi, though I don't know whether that is considered canonical or not.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Good point. I still think it's supposed to be early in the war. I know they've said that they're trying to keep the continuity with the novels, comics and previous cartoons but I guess this is one instance where they just have to contradict it for the sake of the show.

EDIT: For what it's worth, Wookieepedia lists The Clone Wars movie as taking place about two and a half years after Attack Of The Clones (or six months before Revenge Of The Sith) so I guess ALOT will happen in those six months before Episode III. It still makes more sense to me to toss certain elements rather than try to say an entire series and all the other stuff from the novels, etc. happens in half of a year but who am I to contradict Wookieepedia?

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

That timeframe makes sense, since the visual look of the new series is much more in line with ROTS than AOTC.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Was anyone else who watched the re-airings annoyed by the "available in HD" logo when they switched over to the Cartoon Network's HD channel and saw it in stretched/squashed distortovision? I hope they start showing it in real HD during all airings at some point. From posts here, I assume that it was shown properly on the Firday premiere airing.

Regards,

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think I saw it on a Star Wars site but someone said that when the episodes ran on Friday night, they were in HD but the reruns were in stretch-o-vision. Obviously, I can't vouche for the validity of that info though.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Here in NYC, Time Warner does not have cartoon network in HD. Bummed.
I'd imagine these will be on Blu ray soon enough.

Looking forward to tonite's ep. Even if it's imperfect, weekly new SW stories are a treat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks