What's new

Star Wars episode 2 DVD (1 Viewer)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Hopfully Lucasfilm/THX have listened to the complaints of haloing/ringing on the TPM DVD and make sure it doesn't happen on the AOTC DVD.

Ray Melnik

Agent
Many people have replaced their VHS units with DVD now. It is is good to hear that it will be released on DVD.

greg_t

Screenwriter
I thought it was on next Sunday? Does anyone know for sure if it is tonight or next week?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I actually converted them to SVCD format and burned them on a CD. You can do this for free by getting the large versions of the trailers off of Morpheus, converting them using TMPGEnc, and burning using the demo version of Nero (SVCD template). The quality is near DVD.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My DVD player doesn't play VCDs. It's supposed to, but I burned a test copy, and it didn't. It played in a couple of other players I was able to test it on, but not mine. :frowning:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've heard of that before, but it's not easy for me to test it. I don't have a CD burner, so it took half an afternoon just to transfer the file I needed to a friend's computer and burn it from there. Once I get a burner, I'll try the CD-RWs.

BTW, I have a Sony DVP-S560D. Do you have something similar?

DanR

Supporting Actor
Yes, I can back up Richard Fairbrother's credibility. If it isn't enough for you guys that Ron Epstein says it coming, then know that Richard knew about a previous release from Lucasfilm well before anyone else. ;)
Regards,
Dan

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
The DVD will come out the same time as VHS. I didn't have DVD when I bought the VHS of Episode 1, and we know that many people are not going to buy Episode 2 on VHS, even if the DVD doesn't come out for another year. I know I won't. They will come at the same time this time. I just hope by the end of 2002 for Christmas. I'm just ready for the movie though.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Using a combination of sources including the AOTC comic covers, the toy fair scans, the white spine from the Original Trilogy VCD set, and my own copy of the TPM DVD, I have created my interpretation of the AOTC DVD:
e2-dvd.JPG

Loring

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, thanks Ron... Good to hear that about it being this year. At least from a reliable source that is.
I also hope that the dvd includes the trailers...all of them...in widescreeen and at least dobly 5.1. I dont think I am asking for much... ;)

BrandonF

Auditioning
This is going to be a GREAT year for movies and DVD. :)
I hereby declare that although I will be severely broke this year, I will also be extremely happy. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Loring, I don't think you'll have to worry about that. We'll almost certainly get all the trailers and web docs. I do hope that includes the "Choices" trailer from the TPM DVD website, though.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Dark Horizons has reported the release date for the AOTC DVD:

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (DVD): Originally scheduled for November 21st, rumours began today that Lucasfilm have 'unofficially' moved up the disc release of the second SW prequel to October 21st (and will include a doco imaginatively titled "The Middle"). This would give it a good lead on other major titles like "Spider-Man" and "Minority Report" whose discs are due out in December. Thanks to 'Adam'.

Michael Ballack

Second Unit
That's great news! The earlier the better. I can't wait to see Episode 2(I"ll see it in theaters too) on my 50" Widescreen Television. ;)

Amazed you guys hadn't heard about the release earlier - the DVD has been mooted for a Christmas release for quite a while now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks