What's new

Star Wars episode 2 DVD (1 Viewer)

LarryH

Supporting Actor
I just hope they figure out how to avoid the phenomenon that looks like edge enhancement by the time they get around to mastering the Ep II DVD.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I think the previews look good and think it will be better than Ep. I. However, I don't expect these new Star Wars movies to match the original ones.

Anthony R

Stunt Coordinator
That DVD cover looks pretty cool, but I imagine the actual cover will have a different color scheme than the TPM DVD, possibily bluish or greenish.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
And, if it follows the latest design scheme (used for TPM VHS, latest SE VHS set, and TPM DVD), then Episode II's DVD and tape boxes will be white.
TPM - Black
AOTC - White
EIII - Black
ANH - White
ESB - Black
ROTJ - White
We already know that the TPM, ANH, ESB, and ROTJ boxes follow this pattern. It is only logical the remaining two will as well.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Actually, the disc is being worked

on as we speak.

I would not lie to you about this!

You'll see it at year's end!

Honest!

Brad M

Second Unit
Anyone know if the Attack Of The Clones trailers are on disc anywhere? I imagine lots of people would buy the trailers if they were released by themselves. :b

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Brad,

I started a thread in Studio and Manufacturer Feedback a while back asking for just such a disc. There wasn't a lot of support for the idea, and I doubt if it'll happen this late in the game. I'd love to be able to see them on my TV instead of my computer, though.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I realize my topic may be a bit "off base," but considering this was filmed in digital, will it be of better picture quality than Ep. I? Will the the transfer from digital to analog film show an improvement? This, you would hope, would trickle down to a better DVD, as well.

Michael Dueppen

Stunt Coordinator
If they apply anything (like EE) that results in halos again the disc will not necessarily look good just because it's from a digital source.
I hope they really try to find and eliminate the source of the ringing as they promised a while ago.
Keeping my fingers crossed...
I'll get the disc anyway. No sense in lying to myself ;)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
The most sensible approach for the DVD would be to do what was done with the Toy Story discs--a direct digital downconversion with NO processing, resulting in a finely detailed picture with NO EE.

It remains to be see if the actual behavior is sensible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks