What's new

Star Wars Ep. VII Megathread: The Force Awakens (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
SamT said:
Hayden Christensen should be banned from acting in anything Star Wars related.
Having seen Awake, which he made after Episode III, convinced me any fault in his portrayal of Anakin rests on George's shoulders. I unfairly judged Natalie Portman's talent based on the prequels, and was pleasantly surprised when I saw her in other movies.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Ewan McGregor has said he'd be interested in future Star Wars films. Whether that means Episode VII or a solo Obi-Wan movie, or both, I wouldn't be surprised if people behind the scenes are seeing if these are possibilities. Frankly, a movie starring McGregor as Obi-Wan set after Episode III and before Episode IV could be one of the best things in the series.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Sam Favate said:
Ewan McGregor has said he'd be interested in future Star Wars films. Whether that means Episode VII or a solo Obi-Wan movie, or both, I wouldn't be surprised if people behind the scenes are seeing if these are possibilities. Frankly, a movie starring McGregor as Obi-Wan set after Episode III and before Episode IV could be one of the best things in the series.
Stand alone would work for him but I don't see him in Episode VII. By any chance do you have a link to where he says this?

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
SamT said:
Stand alone would work for him but I don't see him in Episode VII. By any chance do you have a link to where he says this?
This is JJ Abrams, Obi Wan could have time travelled to the future somehow.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
Frankly, a movie starring McGregor as Obi-Wan set after Episode III and before Episode IV could be one of the best things in the series.
I'd love to see that movie but my own 'backstory' for Obi-Wan between Revenge Of The Sith and Star Wars is that he lived a very, very boring life on Tatooine. It makes him more tragic to go from being a badass who traveled the whole galaxy helping tons of people to a guy that basically does nothing but sit in a hut for 19 years just biding his time to go against the Sith.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This isn't where I originally saw it, but here is McGregor commenting he'd come back: http://latino-review.com/2013/08/obi-wan-kenobi-set-to-return-star-wars-episode-viiBTW I don't think Obi-Wan lived a boring life. He had to know Luke in some capacity (maybe as a student?) and probably worked to keep the Empire's spies away. I'd guess something happened that made Owen tell him to stay away. Also, Vader tells Luke that "Obi-Wan once thought as you do," suggesting maybe they met again where Ben tried to lure Vader back. And If the rumors are true that Obi-Wan's child or grandchild is/are in the next film, he probably had some tragic love affair. I'm betting that Jedi code of celibacy went out the window when the Republic fell. It was high time the code was rewritten anyway.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
BTW I don't think Obi-Wan lived a boring life. He had to know Luke in some capacity (maybe as a student?) and probably worked to keep the Empire's spies away. I'd guess something happened that made Owen tell him to stay away.
Yeah, there's certainly nothing to say that he couldn't have been adventuring while on Tatooine (lots of crazy stuff lives out in the desert) or have even briefly left the planet during that time (and there's expanded universe tales that have him doing those things). I just like the idea of a guy going from the high of being a galaxy-trotting hero to the low of spending years in his hermitage, rarely interacting with people, figuring out how to become a Force ghost and waiting for the Force or events to give the go ahead on teaching Luke & taking on Vader and the Emperor.

Whatever I think about Obi-Wan's actions between movies, Ewan McGregor is gold as Obi-Wan so I'd love to see him play the character again.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
I can imagine Obi Wan having some really bad days in his early years of self imposed exile. Going into town, getting drunk, and having a one night stand or two.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
SilverWook said:
I can imagine Obi Wan having some really bad days in his early years of self imposed exile. Going into town, getting drunk, and having a one night stand or two.
He should because rumors say he has an offspring in Episode VII! :)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
This isn't where I originally saw it, but here is McGregor commenting he'd come back: http://latino-review.com/2013/08/obi-wan-kenobi-set-to-return-star-wars-episode-viiBTW I don't think Obi-Wan lived a boring life. He had to know Luke in some capacity (maybe as a student?) and probably worked to keep the Empire's spies away. I'd guess something happened that made Owen tell him to stay away. Also, Vader tells Luke that "Obi-Wan once thought as you do," suggesting maybe they met again where Ben tried to lure Vader back. And If the rumors are true that Obi-Wan's child or grandchild is/are in the next film, he probably had some tragic love affair. I'm betting that Jedi code of celibacy went out the window when the Republic fell. It was high time the code was rewritten anyway.
Great idea for one of the purposed "spinoff" movies Disney plans. I'd much rather see this than a movie about Boba Fett.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Wayne_j said:
This is JJ Abrams, Obi Wan could have time travelled to the future somehow.
There's also the possibility of flashback sequences. Let's hope not.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
SamT said:
He should because rumors say he has an offspring in Episode VII! :)
I have this on good authority from an inside source: Obi-Wan left some midichlorians on the High Ground, and one of those bounty hunters retrieved 'em after he took off and sold 'em to some Jedi-obsessed chick armed with a womp rat baster.
The rest is history. . .

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Chuck Mayer said:
I hope Han is rocking that beard in this turkey.Looks solid.
Let's also hope he's not wearing that stupid vest. I found it ridiculous that the character never changed clothes in 3 movies, other than putting on a different jacket now and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks