What's new

Star Wars Ep. VII Megathread: The Force Awakens (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
FoxyMulder said:
They need to make a solo film based around Chewbacca, do it in an artistic fashion with mostly Wookiee language and subtitles, if done right it might get a nod at best foreign language film at the 2017 Oscars, failing that there is always the Razzies.
To qualify for Best Foreign Language film, it would have to be a majority Kashyyyk production AND be submitted by the Kashyyyki film board, and their tastes are notoriously anti-commercial.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I wonder if any of filming (in the desert or otherwise) is being done on any stand-alone films. If Disney plans to have one every year, there would be one in 2016 - not too soon to be getting started on that. I could easily see a Boba Fett or Han Solo movie (both of which are rumored to be among the first stand-alone films) having scenes on Tatooine. It would be more cost-effective to film these in conjunction with any Episode VII scenes, much the same way Episode III's desert scene was filmed at the same time as those in Episode II.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
SilverWook said:
Finally! Fair warning, this may be a potential spoiler for some...

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/film/star-wars-episode-vii-evidence-in-abu-dhabi-desert

You have three guesses what that large object is. :D
It's way too big to be what the article suggests, and honestly doesn't look anything like it did in Star Wars.

The other guesses here seems plausible.

My initial thought was that it's...

...a part of the Millennium Falcon - one of the big circular end pieces capping the ship sides just above the entry ramp on one side. But, it doesn't seem deep enough or have enough of a conical taper on the sides.

Could also just be unfinished whatever-it-is with more on-site detailing to do.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
All you Star Wars fanatics:

What are your hopes, and fears about episode 7?

My Hopes:

-The pacing of the film is more even, and slower (more in line of the original trilogy) than the prequels. Let the story resonate, and everything will fall into place.

1-The Story-I hope it's decent, and makes me feel like a kid again when watching it. Actually this shouldn't be too hard.

2-The OT actors-Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Princess Leia- I want them not to make a brief appearance, but rather the movie revolving around them. Seeing them on the big screen again after all these years will be great, but if they are the center of the story, I will be on cloud nine.

3-Stop with the blue screen(green screen?). One thing that I didn't care for in the prequel trilogy was the computer generated backgrounds. Some were passable, while others were obvious just actors in front of a screen. I want physical sets. My mind doesn't "alert" me I'm staring at CGI, when there is none to stare at.

4-Aliens, and creatures See #3!!
Actually Abrams is a huge fan of horror film masks, and make up, so we may be alright in that respect.

5-John Williams. Hoping his score is epic, and with hints of the OT thrown in....wait what am I talking about, of course it will be great!

Fears:
The opposite of what I posted above.

So what are your hopes or fears of the new Star Wars film?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The Star Wars prequels actually had quite a lot of sets built despite people thinking to the contrary, as for these new films, i think they could potentially be worse due to the fact Disney is going to milk the franchise to death, i just hope they do a spin off with Ewan and Hayden and show us more of the clone wars, the prequels showed us the beginning and the end and nothing inbetween, i'm also not interested in the animated shows that covered this period, i think a live action film could be superb.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
FoxyMulder said:
i just hope they do a spin off with Ewan and Hayden and show us more of the clone wars, the prequels showed us the beginning and the end and nothing inbetween, i'm also not interested in the animated shows that covered this period, i think a live action film could be superb.
Assuming you aren't being sarcastic, the chances of a film like that being made (let alone being as good as the Clone Wars TV series) are about the same as the chances of Alec Guinness reprising his role as Obi-Wan in Episode VII.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Hayden Christensen should be banned from acting in anything Star Wars related.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Aaron Silverman said:
the chances of a film like that being made (let alone being as good as the Clone Wars TV series) are about the same as the chances of Alec Guinness reprising his role as Obi-Wan in Episode VII.
Why not, they have talked about spin-offs, both actors are still the right age and it could be very entertaining.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
FoxyMulder said:
Why not, they have talked about spin-offs, both actors are still the right age and it could be very entertaining.
Neither speak particularly fondly of the films they were in -- can't imagine they're in any rush to sign up for more.

I also think the studio is looking to cover territory they haven't before, which means Clone Wars would probably be out -- they did cancel the Clone Wars series in favor of a series set between the prequels and originals. The Disney Marketing Machine is probably going to try very hard not to invoke memories of the prequels and instead push connections to the original films... that's just a guess, of course.

If you ever decide to give the Clone Wars cartoon a look, you might be pleasantly surprised; not every episode is a masterpiece, but many are quite thrilling, and some of the space battles are as good as anything in the feature films. The voice talent is good, the dialogue is often better than the prequels, and they have some nice, long story arcs that play out almost like features. And it's got that "Saturday morning serial" vibe that Lucas always talked about wanting the movies to have. I've only finished the first four (out of six) seasons, but I've really enjoyed what I saw.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I remember seeing the 2D animation Clone Wars cartoons and enjoying them a lot. I'm still in season 1 of the 3D one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks