What's new

Star Wars Ep. VII Megathread: The Force Awakens (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
SamT said:
I liked Alien 3!
I like the Assembly Cut. But regardless of liking it/not liking it, the incredibly rushed production so that the studio could hit a release date - they started shooting without a finished script - was a terrible situation to work under for a major production. The film probably could have worked better if they had time to actually hammer out the story details before being required to shoot.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
vader-trek-poster.jpg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The release date has been bumped to December 18, 2015.

I was happy seeing them dive in and just get it down (pressure can be good sometimes) but if 6 or 7 months results in a better movie, I'm good with that too.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
No Fox logo or fanfare, and now no May 25th release date. This is going to be a little weird to us old school fans. ;)

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
I'm thrilled with it. In Summer 2015 it would have been just another blockbuster, but now it can have the Christmas season all to itself. I've always associated Star Wars with Christmas anyway, for some reason. Now we get Hobbit movies this December and next, and Star Wars the December after that. Good times. :D

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Stephen Brooks said:
I'm thrilled with it. In Summer 2015 it would have been just another blockbuster, but now it can have the Christmas season all to itself. I've always associated Star Wars with Christmas anyway, for some reason. Now we get Hobbit movies this December and next, and Star Wars the December after that. Good times. :D
The last Hobbit film will be released July 18 2014

Stephen Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen Brooks
Tino said:
The last Hobbit film will be released July 18 2014
That was the original announcement when they split it into 3 films, but I'm reasonably (as in 99.99999% sure) they pushed the last movie back to December. Which I'm glad for....a 6 month turnaround was way too fast for the amount of FX that will likely be in the movie.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Stephen Brooks said:
That was the original announcement when they split it into 3 films, but I'm reasonably (as in 99.99999% sure) they pushed the last movie back to December. Which I'm glad for....a 6 month turnaround was way too fast for the amount of FX that will likely be in the movie.
You're right Steven. It has been moved to December 17 2014. I like them in December too

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I can't really believe this is an issue but:

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2013/11/report-20th-century-fox-fanfare-not-in.html

Why would fans expect the Fox fanfare and logo before the new films? Disney, for all intents and purposes, rescued the Star Wars series and is bringing it back to the big screen. Their logo deserves to be the first thing audiences see. I would not like to see the original six films have the Fox logo replaced, but going forward, it should be Disney.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
The Fox fanfare has long been part of the Star Wars experience. It was even included on some of the soundtrack releases. The Disney logo is never going to give us old fogey fans the same level of goosebumps we got back in the day, but I won't mind too much if the movie is good.

Rescued from whom? ;)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
So, JJ Abrams says he and Kasdan had to take over writing in order to meet Disney's deadline of a release date. Meanwhile, Bob Iger says they moved the picture to Dec '15 instead of spring/summer in part because of the new writing team.

Seems like both sides don't have their story straight.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The writing thing worries me. Was the story pure gold, and Abrams/Kasdan just polishing it into a screenplay. Was it deemed garbage by the Disney execs and now being quickly rewritten? Was the original writer fired? My apologies if I overlooked the answer in an earlier post, but all the he said, she said stuff drives me crazy. I stopped reading them after the first conflicting statement.

Regarding the December release date. I like Christmas time Star Wars....but it feels off. Push it to May of 2016.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
There have been a ton of fan posters that range from being really cool to really bad.

Maybe well see an official poster a year or so from now, maybe a year and a half.

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
The URL of the artist is on the poster.

I would hope Luke is still sporting something like his black outfit from ROTJ in the movie. There's no reason he has to start dressing like Obi Wan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks