What's new

Star Wars discussion from The Bits... (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure the creator doesn't care, after he has spent so much of his life working on it. Just because something is not available for you to personally own does not mean Lucas does not care about it. He's just giving the whole thing a breather, which may not be such a bad idea.

Mark Hawley

Second Unit

I'd would have never thought I'd live to see the day where a fanboy takes Lucas to task for NOT re-releasing Star Wars!

I feel like it's Bizarro world or something.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
UPDATE:

Just watched EMPIRE with the mother-in-law (in HD from last night on HBO HD -- LOOKED AMAZING!)...

She liked it about as much as the others. I think the fact that it's 5 movies deep at this point lost a lot of its "power". She was surprised that Vader cut Luke's hand off (knowing that it was his son).

Ironically enough, the I AM YOUR FATHER moment was good, but nowhere near the killer that it should be (how could it be?). For comparison's sake, I showed her the Vader/Emperor's Hologram scene from the OOT so she could see the change they had to make once the prequels were done. THat helped in showing her the shock that audiences had when it was only the 2nd film instead of the 5th.

Either way, the thing she still can't figure out is "I still don't understand why Anakin hasn't turned on the Emperor". All I can say is, "A lot happens in one movie."

1 to go!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Adam. thanks for the update! Looking forward to her reaction to Jedi! Always nice experiencing these movies through fresh eyes.

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
Maybe there will be a surprise announcement of a new Star Wars 30th Anniversary DVD set just in time for Christmas. :)

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Not a chance. It would have been announced ages ago with the big hooplah surrounding the 30th Anniversary.

I do think there's going to be an uber-set eventually, but it's not coming this year.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They might as well hold off for HD-DVD/Blu-Ray. There won't be much of a market for the films on DVD. Outside of a vocal minority on the internet, there isn't a lot of concern about the special editions. And, Lucasfilm wouldn't come out and say, "We fixed the saber colors and the surrounds for this edition!"

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

STAR WARS: The Fixed Saber Colors and Corrected Surrounds Edition! Limited Lenticular Cover!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks