What's new

Star Wars Clone Wars Volume 2 DVD on 12/6/05 (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
EU Canon? Not necessarily... I can't remember the name, but the was a direct Ep III prequel novel that somewhat contradicted the events of the CLONE WARS cartoon with regards to Papaltine's abduction
. I want to say the book had General Grievous on the front cover and was green?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

I'm sure something as high-profile as a cartoon that aired on Cartoon Network would supercede a novel in terms of EU canon.

The choice is simple if it comes down between a cartoon that millions of people saw vs. a book that hundreds of thousands of people read.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Not really; that's not how it works. Besides, the "contradictions" are hardly irreconcilable.

For the kidnapping of Palpatine, just know that Stass Allie standing off camera.

And the other thing: as viewers, we naturally assume that the Anakin/Obi-Wan & Coruscant storylines are occurring simultaneously. They are not. The events on Nelvaan (cartoon) take place earlier. Kenobi and Skywalker are on Tythe (novel) when the Coruscant stuff begins. However, their final scene, when they leave for Coruscant, is after Tythe, not Nelvaan.

Lee-c

Supporting Actor
The only thing that is considered canon is the Star Wars movies themselves, especially the original trilogy, they trump all other sources when it comes to facts, character details, history and so on. Things like novels, games, cartoons, etc. are not canon. If there is any contradictory info. or something that doesn't make sense, the movies are right and the other stuff is wrong. :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
works as canon for me.
never read the books, never will so they have no balance as far asmy star wars stuff is concerned.

clone wars vol 2 ended and the next star wars movie opened right from that scene.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Any word on a SE?
A combo of S1 & S2, maybe playable w/o any breaks?
With better sound, than the orginal release of S1.

Did S2 have better sound on the DVD, than S1?
Thanks.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Is that next season (this yr.)?
On Cartoon Network again?
How many seasons are there (I thought it was just the two)?
Same timeframe (for the characters)?
Thanks.

Mike*Sch

Stunt Coordinator
It's a new CGI series by the guy who did that AVATAR show. It still takes place between EPs 2 & 3, but it's going to be more of an anthology series, with arcs focusing on different characters, etc. Episodes will be 30 minutes long. I think it's supposed to start in about a year. They haven't announced a network yet.

JoePassmore

Stunt Coordinator

I don't think the details have been worked out as to when and where it'll air. I think I remember reading some rumours that it may be on one of the major networks in primetime. As for the number of seasons, I think they're producing 5 total (This doesn't include the 2 previous "seasons". This is an entirely different beast altogether, name notwithstanding.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks