What's new

Star Wars Clone Wars Volume 2 DVD on 12/6/05 (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Loved this series, recorded on S-VHS and it's a great bridge between Episode II and III. This will be on my X-Mas list to myself.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I was hoping the second set would be longer or at least as long as the first...

60 minutes sounds a bit slight, but I'll probably still get the second set.

Never tried to catch any of this on TV.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
TV Shows on DVD says that it will have a DD 5.1 track. I do hope that's correct. The first volume really could've used one, but unfortunately it only got Dolby Surround.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
We'll have to see about that 5.1 the last one didn't have it but I must say the surround sound proved to be quite impressive via Logic 7.

Jonny_L

Stunt Coordinator
According to Fox themselves, the release will indeed have Dolby Digital 5.1 :D

It's just too bad they missed it the first time.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
I enjoyed the first series quite a bit and was fortunate enough to catch this one when it first aired. I like how it leads right up into the opening scene of Sith.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I like the first volume too; actually better than I liked Revenge of the Sith, now that I think of it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's about time this is coming, Vol 1's been out forever and i've been really waiting for this one.

It's disheartening to hear that it will have 5.1, the first Vol didn't have it so now they won't match unless you listen to Vol 2 in 2.0 surround too, which I might just do.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
This is a great series. Each chapter is densely packed with good animation and storytelling.

I wonder if they'll release a "super-set" with the whole series in 5.1? I have no reason for thinking this is true, but that would be nice.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Looking forward to this disc, although I wish they would have put it out on 11/1 along with the Sith DVD.

By the way, shouldn't this thread be in the TV Shows Software section?

:crazy:

Just sayin'. . .

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
A similar thing happened with the Volume 1 DVD; I started a thread about it in the TV Shows Software section, and someone else started one here (don't remember which was first), but the majority of the discussion took place over here, IIRC.

Of course, the cartoons (or whatever they're called) are neither films or documentaries, although I consider them to be easily on par with the first two films of the prequel trilogy, if they don't eclipse them entirely. . .

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

There has actually NEVER been a LucasFilm double-dip. The closest thing was when the fullscreen versions of Episodes I & II were packaged together, but the fullscreen Episode I hadn't been available originally and it came out the same day as Episode II and the fullscreen 2-pack. There was also the "American Graffiti" Drive-In Double Feature but once again, it offered no new content whatsoever.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Well, without opening that whole can of worms...

Movie canon? No.

Expanded universe canon? Yes.

Whether you accept EU canon is up to you, but that's how it is.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Whatever the case may be, the Clone Wars series was an outstanding addition to the overall series, and better than 2/3 of the prequel films, IMO.

I'd never have a Star Wars marathon without the Clone Wars series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks