What's new

Star Wars Battlefront (1 Viewer)

JamesED

Second Unit
I haven't come across the multiplayer map, but I was testing my speedpad setup in single player and yes, you can slaughter all the gungans you'd like.

This game is fun, I need to get use to Battefield style. I'm use to team objective like Medal of Honor. I did manage to get the most kills of my team tonight in a 50 player match. I had 17 kills with 4 deaths thanks to a land speeder.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
This game is awesome online. The graphics are very good considering the maps are huge, and you have a ton of people/vehicles going all over the place. The controls are easy to learn as well. A lot of fun. Nothing like teaming up with a friend in a Snowspeeder trying to take down imperial walkers on hoth. If you like online battles and are a SW fan then you must get this game

capt

Keith M.

Second Unit
I picked this up for the xbox yesterday along w/ the dvds.

I havent even opened the dvds! I ended up playing this game till 1am. It is alot of fun and addicting. The graphics are pretty impressive and the sound is awesome. So far my favorite map is Hoth. The snowspeeders are alot of fun...

Killing Ewoks is also addicting...:D

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I picked it up for the PS2 last night and have been having a blast. Haven't gone online yet as I prefer to at least learn the basic controls before offering myself up as a target. It was kinda cool taking to the streets and killing anyone or anything you like; enemies, teammates, innocent bystanders....... Oh, and seeing Darth Vader running around slicking and diciing was pretty sweet as well.

Nuts and bolts of it really felt like an expanded version of SOCOM, but it's not like that is a bad thing.

Ken Holmes

Stunt Coordinator
Just played the demo that came on the movie disc set and for me I was disappointed that when running around it seemed like I was moving too slow. Also, don't know if it is the same way in the full version but I was very disappointed that when changing weapons the weapon of choice just all of the sudden appeared in hand. I may wait and rent this one.

Ken

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Once you find a fluid server, the game is awesome. But man, is it hard to find one.

This will tie me over till Halo 2 :)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm in the middle of a rental with this. I had a very hard time com=nnecting to any servers. I was able to join in on games with members of my friends list, but cannot join any games thru optimatch, it just eventually times out. I may eventually buy this if I can resolve this issue

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
I bought this for the pc on release day. The game is fun, but the multiplayer interface has some serious bugs. I have tried to join multiplayer servers every day since purchasing it, but have only successfully joined ONE game!! The game usually times after about 20 seconds of attempting to join a server. Seems like lots of people are having problems on gamespy as well.

I'm debating whether or not to wait for a patch or to just sell the game. I must admit that it was pretty damn fun when I actually played online.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The Xbox version does the same thing. I can play if i join a friends game, but I cannot just connect to a random server it does the same thing

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Briefly tried the demo from the SW DVD extras disc. The graphics looked kind of muddy. It is the Endor mission. Is this demo indicative of the rest of the game?

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I thought the same thing Jay. I'm sure the PC would fix the graphics issue but Battlefield 1942/Vietnam felt miles ahead of this game.

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Yeah, I rented it for the Xbox. While going thru the single player was all around a pleasant experience, the Live component was not. I had for a week and only once did I get into an online game...for about 8 seconds. I guess I'll have to wait for the game to "burn-in" before buying it. Thouhg I think I'll go for the PC instead.

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I have to say that this game is just a buggy mess. As I previously posted, 95% of the time I cannot connect to internet servers. Since a patch is on the way and I assume they will eventually get it resolved, I decided to play some single player action to learn all the maps and different player classes.

Three times in a row this game crashed on me after about 10 minutes of play! The sound still plays but the picture is frozen and I had to end battlefront with task manager. Just take a quick look at the lucasarts formus and you can see that lots of other people are having the same problems.

Btw, I'm running an Athlon 64 3200+, Asus K8n-e deluxe mobo with 1gb ram and an XFX 6800gt, with all updated drivers, so its not the pc.

This game is going back in the box until a comprehensive patch is released. Its just unplayable for me! No multiplayer and constant single player crashes!

Its really a shame they rushed this game out to coincide with the release of the dvd's. I REALLY want to like this game, and it has so much potential, but it's just unplayable for me at this point.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
This game, as said above, is a buggy mess.

My biggest gripe is that on Xbox Live, when you're trying to snipe, all the AI's in a 10m radius shoot at you. ALL OF THEM. You die WAY too fast in this game. THe review in OXM said the exact same thing. I'm really not happy with the game.

The single player mode isn't bad, but again, you get shot at from all directions at once. Now, UT isn't like that. UT2K3 isn't like that. Q3A isn't like that. SWB shouldn't be like that.

I'm having a hard time enjoying it since I can't live for more than 15 seconds at a time.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks