What's new

Star Trek TOS on Blu-ray (2 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Here are 2 threads:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/293574/htf-blu-ray-review-star-trek-the-next-generation-motion-picture-collection

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/276717/star-trek-films-on-blu-ray-what-we-know-so-far

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Thankyou Nelson! I have never purchased the TV series. DS9 is the only one. I remember when the show aired on NBC. I was a kid and my Grandma loved the show. I also remember the series 3rd year came about by all the letters asking the network to renew it for a 3rd year. I cannot think of any other show to this date which was renewed by letters from fans! The other thing i remember is the show got rid of the familar theme and a new one was created for season 3. Does anyone remember that??? Final question is this. Should I buy TOS in HD?? I plan to buy TNG in HD if it comes about. I suppose the answer would be yes. I quess I just wonder how the show looks in HD. I sure wish they would do Battlestar Galactica the orginal series. Man I loved that show and i do own all of the new BSG.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Mark, all I can say is if you really like Star Trek TOS, then I think you'll really be impressed with the High Definition version. It looks like it was filmed yesterday. And you get as a bonus the original audio and the original special effects and the new CGI effects and 5.1 audio in the one set. Plus The Cage and Where No Man Has Gone Before pilots. The second being a newly found version that is unedited. Plus Billy Blackburn's 8mm home movies on the set of Star Trek.

I saw TOS as a kid too on NBC but I was a tad too young to really get it. The 3 episodes I really remember seeing first run are The Doomsday Machine, The Immunity Syndrome and Plato's Stepchildren. The last one was in a hotel room! It may have been a rerun in 1970.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks